Kessil

Coral reefer’s 360 gal system. 225 display and frag tanks

I used to think so. We had a great speaker ) months ago that is a goni expert. I now feed oyster feast and they have been looking good for several
Months. I have the red one pictured, a purple one, and bill gave me a green guy! I also have an alviopora sp? That is very similar. In fact, does anyone know the difference between them or how to ID by looking?

Coral reefer said:
I used to think so. We had a great speaker ) months ago that is a goni expert. I now feed oyster feast and they have been looking good for several
Months. I have the red one pictured, a purple one, and bill gave me a green guy! I also have an alviopora sp? That is very similar. In fact, does anyone know the difference between them or how to ID by looking?

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2005/10/aafeature2

So I changed out my bulbs the 28th, put in ushio 20k+, may not be fully burned in yet, but I really like the color of them. Tank seems to be doing well, but it's FULL! I think I'm going to have to do some weeding out and keep only my favorite pieces. This will be a huge task because I'll wind up breaking up the two main sps laden rocks and redoing the rock work a bit, but that stuff is way to crowded in, so it will be a good project for me to get done.

Pic of the scoly screebo gave me awhile back. He bought it hoping for it to Be different than it was, and felt it could tell it wasn't being appreciated and was therefor receding. He offered it to me as a rescue
Mission. It's definitely not receding more, but hasn't fully come back either. Living is better than not living!
95818caa.jpg

Nice Mike - Looks like you and screebo are competing for most frags per square foot of tank space

Did those blue zoas make it for you?

Coral reefer said:
Pic of the scoly screebo gave me awhile back. He bought it hoping for it to Be different than it was, and felt it could tell it wasn't being appreciated and was therefor receding. He offered it to me as a rescue
Mission. It's definitely not receding more, but hasn't fully come back either. Living is better than not living!
95818caa.jpg

D@mn!!! John hooked you up!!!!!!

@gonzo, Maybe you are talking about the symphylia? If so, yeah one o my favs! By the way, I promise not to break into your car again, but the satelite radio is working great! (kidding)

Coral reefer said:
These ones? I thought Richard gave me them... I looked through my dbtc and don't have any recorded from you...did I forget?
29ad68d7.jpg

Forgetters gonna forget!

You're in luck this time the transaction was recorded. Nice growth BTW.

Thanks for recording it, I usually check on that stuff after getting frags, but who knows sometimes I've gotten a handfull at once, last members only swap I got a few as well and may have thought I got it from swapping not dbtc...

You know Mike some people, who will remain nameless dare I say infamous, have sky high karma so they do not record coral they pass out in DBTC. I am the other type. I am just getting to the positive karma so I still record all the ones I pass out when I pass them out or within a week or so. This could have been the very frag that tipped me out of negative. ;)

Okay, been awoke since I've updated here. Last night I rescaped the whole tank and gave the bottom a nice detritus siphoning. I changed around 65 gal, that 50%+, and put some carbon and new gfo in the sump. I have been planning on this for awhile now because my Sps were to cramped together, and I have a huge Teddy bear crab that owns one of the main rocks the Sps are on. So I pulled all the frags off his rock and removed it with him in there. It will be nice knowing he won't be rearranging any of my frags anymore! Ive had some problems with montis dieing off lately, haven't ever seen monti nudis before, and haven't added any montis for awhile...goin to dip tonight a couple and see if anything comes off of them. Any other ideas? Mg is 1325, ca is410, alk is 9. I can't really get a reading on p04, so hence the big water change and new gfo.

I'm thinking of getting either an AI sol super blue or an ecoxotic cannon. They are both similar in price, and I am thinking of replacing one of the 150 hqi on my 4x2x2 with one off these. Maybe it will be an easier transition doing just one at a time, easier on my wallet, that's for sure! I'm wondering if anybody has experience with either of these lights, and or if people thing they will do a good job footprint wise for basically 2x2x2 area? I like the AI SOL super blue because if I went with two of those (eventually I would likely not need my current reefbrite for blue supplementation and could use it for another tank, whereas if i went with two cannons 12000k color I'd likely still use it.
I think I've heard/read that the AI modules should be one per foot? Is this a real practical guideline, or can I get by with one over half my tank, and what do you thing two would be like over the whole thing?

Back