High Tide Aquatics

Coralline encrusted terracotta pot

Attn new reefers!!!!

I have a coralline encrusted terracotta pot that I was gifted by another reefer to establish diverse bacteria in my 5gal. I credit this pot with the unbelievable success of my 2 month old tank.The pot and rbta were added just 2 weeks after starting the tank with dry rock. If you see my tread, you can view the pot and the rbta that is thriving. Considering it is such a young tank and small with total water volume of 5.5 gal, that’s pretty impressive.

The pot is covered in coralline algae and has successfully seeded my aquarium rocks with it. It also has feather duster worms which have also seeded in my tank. Keep in mind that there’s a chance there’s some pests on it but I’ve had the pot for 2 months and nothing menacing has popped up in my tank (I didn’t dip the pot at all as I got it from a trusted clownfish breeder).

I need to make room for more coral so the pot has got to go. I feel bad throwing it in the trash so I’d like to send it on to another starting reefer. Let me know if you’re interested.

I'm just up the road in Hercules and planning on attending the swap this weekend. If this is still available and Vince will be attending I'm happy to ferry it down.

Back