got ethical husbandry?

Cube Tank Options

It's been three months since I ordered my Red Sea Reefer 170 and the LFS still has no solid information on when its going to be here. I don't think its their fault, as far as I can tell the distributor isn't giving them any information, but who can even say for sure?

I'm pretty bummed and tired of waiting, so I've decided to start looking at other display tanks.

Anyone have any good recommendations? I'm looking for a reef ready cube with a display of 30-40 gallons or so.

Cadlights Artisan II seems like it might be a good choice, and I think I've even seen that in stock around here.

I was also looking at the IM fusion mini 40, but I'm not super keen on the refugeum in back - I want a real sump so I don't waste space in the display.

Has anyone ever had a tank custom made? Are there any good builders around here? I know of Reef Savvy but they always have a long wait list.

Ive heard some bad reviews about those IM fusions. The wall dividing the back sump between the tanks will bow or the seam leaks water from sump back to display section. Guy on nano reef ripped out the wall and added an overflow to his fusion 20 tank.

But those were just a handful of reviews.

Cadlight tanks are okay. I dont like the skimmer.

I like the new red sea tanks too.

Whoever you contacted about the custom red sea reefer tank. Call them up and ask them to bug the red sea people.

Based on recent visits
Neptunes in san jose carries innovative marine, red sea.

California reef co in fremont carries Cadlights.

Aquatic collection in hayward carries innovative marine and some others.

I could always rip out the divider and drill, that's not a half bad idea. I'll have to check it out more in person.

I've actually already got all my equipment besides the tank, stand, and sump, so if I went the cadlights route I'd try to buy it without a skimmer. Or just resell it.

Gonna have to head up to Aquatic Collection this weekend, I haven't been to that one yet, make a stop off at California Reef Co and check out that cadlight tank again.

Iirc, the IM tanks that had issues were the older Mini 38 and Micro 30 tanks. They had the curved front corners.
The current Fusion Mini 40 and Mini 30L seem to be ok.

I've read some people have bad experiances with Cadlights Tanks, don't know any details.

You could always go to the talk at Chabot, I believe some are planning on going to Aquatic Collection after.

i would suggest that if you really want a cadlights tank, you should visit Cal Reef co to feel the glass and silicone work

Back