Cali Kid Corals

Custom 180G Cantilevered Reef System

Not the final rock work, but coming along! Coral should start to go in in about a week. Lighting wise running 10 A360s. Still waiting on all the cabinetry and wanescoating. Will eventually be enclosed on the top and bottom so the only way to see between the rooms is through the tank.
IMG_2039.jpeg
IMG_2038.jpeg

@robert4025
I was noticing that fine plumbing job
But it occurs to me that there are many 90 degree elbows
How much extra flow was needed to accommodate for the “loss”?
Just an observation from far away…
The Abyzz A400 pump is a very capable and professional pump. I chose that because I didn’t have to worry about how many 90’s are being used. The total volume of both tanks, sump, and frag tank came out to about 650 gallons. With the Abyzz return pump running at only about 75% power to achieve roughly a 5x turnover, I have about 25% power left. Plenty to spare. The key to keeping the flow restrictions as low as possible for me was to oversize the plumbing size as much as possible and reduce only at the last point.

Hows the tank! Any updates or pics of new fish and corals?

Work in progress. We’re slowing add corals and fish to the system. Couple tangs from the smaller 180 cantilevers will need to be moved over to the larger tank because they are nipping on the corals in there. That’s why we’ve been holding back on adding corals until the move is done.

The larger tank had two rounds of corals added but no fish yet. We picked up a bunch of fish couple weeks ago but lost almost all of them from Velvet breakout while they were under observation. They were being quasi quarantined with the corals so we couldn’t treat them in time until the corals are moved out so that was a terrible hiccup. Max was in good spirit about the whole mess though but probably wanted to kick my butt, but he didn’t. So, that was pretty nice of him…lol.

We’re moving forward though. Slowly but surely. Pictures update coming soon.

Back