Cali Kid Corals

DANG IT!

Yea, thankfully mine is outside too. The problem is it's a 100GPD device and I only had about 10 gallons left in my Brute can. My laxity is finally coming back to roost.

I left mine running under my kitchen sink all night once... Wasn't pretty but no serious damage, water traveled across the floor, under a wall, and down a hot water pipe onto the hot water heater. No water damage on the garage ceiling as it pretty much ran down the pipe the whole way. I now have 2 egg timers and a sign on my door to keep me in check when it comes to that.

[quote author=seminolecpa link=topic=5883.msg74023#msg74023 date=1231793239]
Float switch saved my garage and marraige. I used to do it all the time.
[/quote]

ROFL, why do the wives/GF's get so angry when it comes to RO/DI stuff??? Maybe it's like men and the heat in the house... IDK.

:)

[/quote]

I'm in for it tonight, I just know it. BTW, is there any place locally that sells float switches? And how did you install yours?

[quote author=badbread link=topic=5883.msg74025#msg74025 date=1231793305]
[/quote]

ROFL, why do the wives/GF's get so angry when it comes to RO/DI stuff??? Maybe it's like men and the heat in the house... IDK.

:)

[/quote]

Haha, given my track record of forgetfulness and inattentiveness, my wife is well within her boundaries to be nervous about not just the tank, but virtually everything I do.

Since I have a spectrapure RODI, I bought mine through them as I didn't want to screw something up. I am sure there are cheaper more resourceful options if you are handy. Bulk Reef Supply comes to mind. http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/RO/DI-Filters-&-Systems-RO/DI-Accessories/c9_11/p665/Auto-Shut-off-Kit-for-RO-Systems/product_info.html

Now if I fall asleep with the water on it will shut off the RODI unit when my topoff bucket gets full. Well worth the money for the headache saver if you ask me.

Thanks Bryan. It is indeed worth it. I can just imagine 400 gallons of water on our back patio right now. I just really hope the patio doesn't slope back towards the house. Funny how I never notice these things until stuff like this happens.

I got the "if you flood the garage one more time you are sleeping down there" speach. At least the floor was sparkly clean from all the water I had to clean up :)

Back