Our mission

Dangalang's IM Nuvo Fusion 20 Nano

Cut the infected heads off and toss them ASAP. The rest should survive if you are quick. Same thing happened to my torch recently, had to frag it up. Whatever it is, it spreads quickly but didn’t jump to any other corals in my case.

Sorry to hear about that. Seems like you’ve got a bacterial issue. I would definitely do some major water changes and continue with the microbacter7 to see if things improve. Don’t add any more euphyllia for a while

I’m late to the game on this thread. Infection thru the aquarium like this is definitely bacterial. You might want to read up on cipro the whole aquarium. Or kfc dip. It’s an extreme move. But if things are dying that quickly. The goo is growing.
Minimum 75-100% water change. Make sure your temp and perameters are spot on. Yes run carbon in a reactor if you have one. If not bag in a high flow area. Then change the carbon out in 5 days or so.

Last edited:
I’m late to the game on this thread. Infection thru the aquarium like this is definitely bacterial. You might want to read up on cipro the whole aquarium. Or kfc dip. It’s an extreme move. But if things are dying that quickly. The goo is growing.
Minimum 75-100% water change. Make sure your temp and perameters are spot on. Yes run carbon in a reactor if you have one. If not bag in a high flow area. Then change the carbon out in 5 days or so.
I'll start with big water change and carbon first. I'll look into cipro and KFC dip, KFC dip looks sold out, but I'd like to avoid either of those if I can.

If you dip with antibiotics, you need to do it in a container many days in a row, otherwise you're just knocking back bacteria to let them regrow quickly. Honestly haven't had much success with it in the past.

Your tank is still pretty new so the large water change hopefully will help if there's something not right. Maybe try getting some biomedia from an established tank too from another member.

I took out the Green Branching Hammer, it was exhibiting the tell tale sign: tight/minimal polyp extension during peak light. Once I took it out of the tank and it inspected further, there was a section of flesh coming off the skeleton, just like all the others.

One thing I noticed was that in the tupperware I put the hammer in for inspection, there was a little red worm about 1/4" long. It looks like a baby sphagehtti worm to me, what do you guys think?

Anyhow, I'm gonna hold off on getting any Euphyllia for awhile, but we'll see how that goes at Coral Farmer's Market hahah! There's a nice open section at the top of my rock work now, maybe my tank is telling me it wants some SPS.

PXL_20240412_003957687.jpg

Back