Reef nutrition

Darn! wife pump diesel into our 2007 odyssey.

Luckily, a guy on the other pump noticed my wife was pumping diesel into the odyssey tank about 18gal before wife could have started the engine and breaks. Had to call towing to take the van to a shop. >:( >:( >:(

[quote author=tuberider link=topic=4956.msg60673#msg60673 date=1224818224]
You know how to work it Phong!!!!!!
[/quote]
:D I just need to figure how to make my wife put diesel into our 07 Odyssey LOL ..

Should not be a big deal especially if she did not start it. Drain tank, fill with regular gas, removed fuel line from fuel rail, activate fuel pump and run 1/2gal through lines. Then all should be ok.

[quote author=Tumbleweed link=topic=4956.msg60675#msg60675 date=1224818532]
Should not be a big deal especially if she did not start it. Drain tank, fill with regular gas, removed fuel line from fuel rail, activate fuel pump and run 1/2gal through lines. Then all should be ok.
[/quote]

Unless of course there's a siphon stop, most of my neighbors have them..........

[quote author=tuberider link=topic=4956.msg60677#msg60677 date=1224818647]
Unless of course there's a siphon stop, most of my neighbors have them..........
[/quote]
LOL

Hahaha.. Hmmm... My last wrecked civic had a plug in the bottom of the gas tank.. When I chopped it up I remember draining the gas tank.. Maybe I vacuumed it.. I can't recall now... At least your odyssey doesn't look like this :) GOod Luck

2390373470_46a314a6d2_b.jpg

I wish this one could.. Just finished it the weekend before.. Spent 3 hours on the dyno with my tuner... 325whp/290wtq on 91 octane pump gas... Second tune would have been on 100 octane.. Lets just say I wasn't the one driving it when it was wrecked.. Total Loss.. Only had one way on it... 9 months to put together including all the machine work.. 2 of us, 45 minutes with a sawzall and a torch to fit it all in the bed of my truck... $150 for scrap steel per ton... :( There wasn't even 2000 pounds there.. Think I got $80 or something like that... The block was worth 1/5th of that in aluminum scrap alone.....

ouch, I recall seeing someone fill up with diesel, unsure how much regular gas was in the tank but that person drove off and this huge plume of white smoke came out of the tailpipe, eventually a cop was near by and pulled them over.. guess they didn't notice or gas was too expensive to care :D

We get it every once in a while at my dealership. Most of the time it is because all of the other pumps are full and the person just pulled up to the empty pump and didn't notice that it was diesel.

Van is in the shop rightnow. I'm just gonna let the pro take care of it. If I drain it myself I don't know where I could dispose the diesel.

Isn't diesel nozzle not suppose to fit in the regular gas tank intake?

Xinumaster: Sorry to hear what happened.

OT, what will happen if the engine is started? I recalled watching an episode of "Amazing Race" where one participant filled up the car with diesel. After they started the car, the engine just fails. Not sure if this applies to all cars.

Back