Jestersix

Day Job?

Main job is Landscape maintenance and when I have time I do photography for the San Mateo Daily Journal but that doesn’t pay much.

Teacher, college level physics, I used to teach astronomy as well although not so much anymore. And yes all the stereotypes about teachers and salary are 100% true, the fact I can pay for anything in this hobby is rather remarkable.

I need to get back into astrophotography.
5B3F5769-29DF-4B0F-AA7F-1FF8B074FF90.jpeg
02677F46-287C-4737-B4AA-1476C7DE5C44.jpeg
A33FC5C4-4608-4A08-953B-6CCA0E598BF8.jpeg

Yosemite with no moon is probably the best stars I’ve seen, and not too far from here.
It feels like the sky will fall onto you
Not too far, but not exactly that close either. That said, I did go with astronomy & physics students as a faculty advisor some years back during spring break, snow was still on the ground! Unfortunately it was near a full moon time so the only time to see anything was super early in the morning which only a few wanted to do, telescope motor seized up too which meant nothing but naked eye viewing, but a few of us stopped at a vista point on the way down to the valley and sure enough we got a fantastic viewing experience, stayed out until dawn in fact, seeing the purple twilight starting to come up from Half Dome was super special.

Not too far, but not exactly that close either. That said, I did go with astronomy & physics students as a faculty advisor some years back during spring break, snow was still on the ground! Unfortunately it was near a full moon time so the only time to see anything was super early in the morning which only a few wanted to do, telescope motor seized up too which meant nothing but naked eye viewing, but a few of us stopped at a vista point on the way down to the valley and sure enough we got a fantastic viewing experience, stayed out until dawn in fact, seeing the purple twilight starting to come up from Half Dome was super special.
The SFamateur astronomers club has permission to use Mt. Tam at night (they had a key to the gate) - bit I think that changed during COVID.. Even further, but Lassen is a pretty good place for viewing too.

Operations (Manage fleet and our IT consultants mostly) at a Construction Engineering, Planning, Inspection, Fire and Building Dept services company. One of our fanciest projects was the Apple Campus a couple years back. We also help with services for Malibu, Santa Rosa and Paradise fire recovery programs.

Prior, for 11 years, I was an orthopedic sales rep then distributor specializing in upper extremity trauma and total joints.

Best unintentional stargazing I did was somewhere off highway 80 in the middle of the night in January in Nevada driving back from Salt Lake City, saw there was no moon and pulled over on some random rode and it was incredible, still some of the best naked eye stars I have ever seen

I'm an electrician for the City of Oakland, working mostly on Traffic signals and street lighting. I'm that guy up the the bucket truck.

Love my job and what I do, I just hate getting up early to go do it and risk my life everyday in the chaotic streets of Oakland where people drive sooooo reckless and don't give a crap about anyone other then themselves.

Where does everyone need to get to sooooooo quickly that they cannot slow down?

The SFamateur astronomers club has permission to use Mt. Tam at night (they had a key to the gate) - bit I think that changed during COVID.. Even further, but Lassen is a pretty good place for viewing too.

TAC has permission to use Monte Bello parking lot on certain Wednesdays. I used to be a permit holder.

Still have a 10’ dob, a couple of 4” doublets and an 8” cass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back