Reef nutrition

DBTC: Aiptasia eating Berghia Nudibranchs

dandemeyere

Supporting Member
Hello!

First time contributor to the DBTC :) I had an aiptasia outbreak over the past few months and given past success with berghia, I placed a rather large (and expensive) order with SaltyUnderground.com to get 20+ adult berghias. They've been doing a great job tearing through my aiptasia population and I'm starting to run out of food for them.

As the aiptasia population dwindles, I'd like to start capturing a few berghia at a time (they're easy to spot at night with a flash light) and give them away to local reefers such that they can keep living while addresses pest problems for other reefers. My berghia have also reproduced so my hope is that if I give 2-3 away each time, others will have berghia reproduce and the chain can keep going.

I live in San Rafael and this would be pick-up only. Please let me know if I'm doing DBTC correctly, but I was thinking people are willing to come and pick up free berghia from my house could respond to the thread and as soon as I have some that are available, I'll start DM'ing those on the thread on a first come, first serve basis.

Best,
Dan

Very generous of you!

We did this last year with limited success:

In case this helps with planning your DBTC.

You should add this DBTC to BARcode under “other”. It’s a great way to track the progress of the chain and encourage people to keep it going.

Do you still have some? I know it's last minute but I'm going to San Jose tomorrow and could swing through on my way back up to Fairfield

Hello!

First time contributor to the DBTC :) I had an aiptasia outbreak over the past few months and given past success with berghia, I placed a rather large (and expensive) order with SaltyUnderground.com to get 20+ adult berghias. They've been doing a great job tearing through my aiptasia population and I'm starting to run out of food for them.

As the aiptasia population dwindles, I'd like to start capturing a few berghia at a time (they're easy to spot at night with a flash light) and give them away to local reefers such that they can keep living while addresses pest problems for other reefers. My berghia have also reproduced so my hope is that if I give 2-3 away each time, others will have berghia reproduce and the chain can keep going.

I live in San Rafael and this would be pick-up only. Please let me know if I'm doing DBTC correctly, but I was thinking people are willing to come and pick up free berghia from my house could respond to the thread and as soon as I have some that are available, I'll start DM'ing those on the thread on a first come, first serve basis.

Best,
Dan
Hi Dan, just wondering if you still have any Berghia Nudibranchs? I can pay for them or DBTC if you have any available. Thanks! Scott

Back