got ethical husbandry?

DBTC beginners- Hawaiian Strombus snails

Hi crispy,

I'll need to reassess the population as the swap gets closer. Look for another posting in the future. If not again this time, then definitely next. :)

[quote author=Elite link=topic=4711.msg74421#msg74421 date=1231950705]
[quote author=Zepplock link=topic=4711.msg74418#msg74418 date=1231948234]
There is a Strumbus snail dbtc already. I thnk Vince started it long time ago.
[/quote]
Yeah but if Lyn didn't get it from that dbtc, she can and should have her own thread :) ..
[/quote]

I think both DBTC come from IPSF. Just pointing out. Not sure what official rules are.

[quote author=itsacrispy link=topic=4711.msg74555#msg74555 date=1231972132]
Hi Lyn, would you mind adding me to the group too?
[/quote][quote author=Lyn link=topic=4711.msg74561#msg74561 date=1231973447]
Hi crispy,

I'll need to reassess the population as the swap gets closer. Look for another posting in the future. If not again this time, then definitely next. :)
[/quote]

Hi Crispy, would you still like a set of snails? Let me know and I will bring them to the swap for you. :D

Hey Lyn,

Thanks for the offer! Unfortunately, I won't be able to make the swap again this month :(. I owe that Saturday to my wife.

Maybe I could pick them up from you sometime? I think you live close to me right?

Thanks again,
Mike

cool pics lyn! has anyone else gotten these snails to breed in their tanks? i'm gauging how easy they are to breed. i've seen snail eggs in my tank, but i'm not sure if they ever hatch.

i would like to get on the wait list for these. thanks!

hi lyn, it was nice meeting you! thank you again for the snails and mushrooms. i will put them back into dbtc when they become available. best, g

[quote author=glee link=topic=4711.msg81985#msg81985 date=1234894027]
hi lyn, it was nice meeting you! thank you again for the snails and mushrooms. i will put them back into dbtc when they become available. best, g
[/quote]

You are welcome. :D Did you ever get the mushroom to glow gold for you?

i dropped the frags off and went up to the snow for the weekend. we got back monday but i didnt have any time to look at the tank. i finally had some time today to see the corals during dusk hours with actinic only but i didnt see the gold glow you mentioned before. maybe it will show up later as it acclimates to my tank conditions. the mushrooms however are a really nice looking red!

It is time to thin the herd.

I owe some people some snails, so please respond to this if you still want them. That way, I'll know how many sets of snails I can offer other people. :)

I'm sorry the wait has been so long, but good things come to those who wait! :D

1. Fishme (Andy)
2. Bluetang
3. Itsacrispy
4.Cookiejar (?)

If you would like a set of snails, and your name is not on this list, go ahead and post. Please make sure you abide by the DBTC rules at the beginning of this thread. :)

Lyn said:
It is time to thin the herd.

I owe some people some snails, so please respond to this if you still want them. That way, I'll know how many sets of snails I can offer other people. :)

I'm sorry the wait has been so long, but good things come to those who wait! :D

1. Fishme (Andy)
2. Bluetang
3. Itsacrispy
4.Cookiejar (?)

If you would like a set of snails, and your name is not on this list, go ahead and post. Please make sure you abide by the DBTC rules at the beginning of this thread. :)

I am assuming Itsacrispy doesn't want his set of snails since he is selling off his tank.

I will go ahead and offer up 3 sets of 6 snails each to other people not on the above list. :)

Back