got ethical husbandry?

Dead red porites

I am curious what it looks like up close. I have an LPS that I am calling "Golden Gate Bridge" (the colour is a near exact match) from Diablo that looks pretty similar.

About time to cut this. Fully encrusted plug gonna cut it in half, so one frag available. Maybe I could cut that in two depending on who wants it. Please have some experience with sps and a mature tank.

Mike,

I'd love a piece to grow out. I have an mixed reef with SPS & zoas. Tank has a calcium reactor. Since the past 1.5 years, my 1" frags are now at least 2~3" if not already mini-colonies.

Ron

Coral reefer said:
Mike, I will make you one. Assuming you'll be at the meeting?
Ron, you gonna be at meeting?
Mike, unfortunately, not. Family obligations being Chinese New Year's Eve and all.
Can we meet up another time or elsewhere?
Or maybe Aquanut can help me grab it. I am meeting up with him the next day up in Petaluma.
I'm in Walnut Creek area.

Sorry Ron. I Won't be at the WCR meet. Family obligations for me that day!

All is not lost. I'm sending you a PM as 'fast as I can type'!

Coral reefer said:
Id rather hand it over straight away. Aqua but doesn't even have a tank running yet I don't think?

Tank journals should be a requirement for DBTC. *nudge nudge* BOD guy - It might be a good idea. Not sure why not. If you're getting free corals to share, might as well share the tank they're going to :)

Coral reefer said:
Id rather hand it over straight away. Aqua but doesn't even have a tank running yet I don't think?

I have a tank journal and Aqua is handing off to GrantW to hold until Sunday when I meet him to pick it up. Saturday is just bad day because of Chinese New Years.

I can pick up depending on where Coral reefer is located.

Btw, Grant W on RC has a fully mature SPS dominated tank so the frag would do fine overnight in his tank. But tell me if you don't want to do it that way.

Coral reefer said:
I'd rather not have it in transit all day sat, then in another tank, then in transit for many hours again, then go to another tank
I kinda agree. There is nothing like the bond formed between reefers when you hand them a DBTC coral.
Don't miss out on this feeling. :bigsmile:

Back