Our mission

Dipping Torches

Been learning more about dipping, before I would just dip Corals in Coral RX and done. Seems with Torches there are different methods. Some of these methods for Torches include Bayer, Iodine, and CoralRX.

How do you dip your torches? with what product, when, and how often while it is in quarantine?

thanks!

Ive always dipped my torches with coral rx and then qt in the dark for a few days. Ill flip the lights on here and there and catch any missed pests. Usually there isnt many. Seems like it works well for me. I havent noticed any excess stress on the coral from this method.

Did a little more research on dipping. Before I only used Coral RX. Below is my new dipping procedure for Torches and Euphyllia.

1)Coral RX -6ml per liter 5 minutes
2)Clean tank water 10min
3)Bayer -40ML/liter 15 minutes
4)Clean Tank water: 10 minutes
5)Iodine dip(lugols) per liter 10 drops:10 minutes
6)Clean tank water: 10 minutes

edited: add stepped two - per suggestions.

Last edited:
Did a little more research on dipping. Before I only used Coral RX. Below is my new dipping procedure for Torches and Euphyllia.

1)Coral RX -6ml per liter 5 minutes
2)Bayer -40ML/liter 15 minutes
3)Clean Tank water: 10 minutes
4)Iodine dip(lugols) per liter 10 drops:10 minutes
5)Clean tank water: 10 minutes
I‘ve been doing something similar for years, except that I have a clean water rest between the Coral Rx and the Bayer since they are both stressful, and I don’t routinely use Lugol’s unless I see something that needs iodine treatment, like diseased looking tissue or if it’s a fresh cut of fleshy tissue.

Back