got ethical husbandry?

Diver's Paradise: Felicia's Scuba-Inspired 30 Gallon

FeliciaLynn said:
scuba71 said:
FeliciaLynn said:
scuba71 said:
Awesome video. What software did you use to edit the video?
Thank you! I used iMovie to edit it together. Its a pretty basic program and is really easy to use.

Thanks for the info. You did a really awesome job.
You're welcome! And thank you! I'm glad you liked it :)

Just another reason to add to the "Why I want an iPhone5" list. LoL. Upgrade in July!! Can't come fast enough. I've been shown the error of my ways ever since I went to Droid from iPhone. Never again. iPhone spoils you too much. LoL

I'm actually using an iPhone 4 (not 4s or 5) because I keep my phones for forever. This is the first iPhone I've had and I like it but I'm not totally in love with it. It takes decent video at least :)

I finally bought some new equipment for my tank, so its been upgraded from my super low-tech set-up.

I got a 5 stage RO/DI system and a JBJ ATO system from Bulk Reef Supply. Here are a few photos of the new equipment after I got it set-up and installed.

Here's the inside of the stand with the ATO FW reservoir and Aqualifter pump.

The float switch in the back right corner of the display tank.

The other float switch in the FW reservoir.

The JBJ ATO controller mounted on the wall behind the tank. I can see it and get to it from the side of the tank, but if you're looking at the tank from the front, its out of sight. Its stuck to the wall with the command strips that are like velcro, so I can pull it off to mess with it and then pop it back in place.

Underneath my kitchen sink. The orange bucket is my storage container for the RO/DI water and then the RO/DI unit is back behind it.

The RO/DI system.

The float switch inside my storage bucket so that the RO/DI will shut off automatically when it is full and not overflow the bucket.

How the plumbing is set up. The black angle stop adapter is plumbed into the cold water for the kitchen faucet and reroutes some of the water to the RO/DI system. The ball valve installed below that on the red tubing is to turn on and off the water flow to the RO/DI system.

Just wanted to share a panorama image I made of my view of the aquariums from where I normally sit on my couch. The tank on the left is the 30 gallon display and the right is the 10 gallon frag tank. The photos on the wall between the tanks are photos I've taken diving in CA.

That video is awesome! Great color balance. I am jealous of that camera too, very clear and sharp focus. Great job and BEAUTIFUL tank!

Kmooresf said:
That video is awesome! Great color balance. I am jealous of that camera too, very clear and sharp focus. Great job and BEAUTIFUL tank!
Thank you! The camera was just the one on my iPhone. It takes surprisingly good videos. I wasn't even using any special apps to change camera settings and I didn't do any post processing. I just sat in front of the tank with my iPhone taking short video clips, then I uploaded them all into iMovie and edited them together. The only other thing I did was once I uploaded to Youtube, I used their tool to stabilize the video which works really well. I was holding the iPhone for the video clips, so there was a bit of shakiness that Youtube removed.

I'm glad you enjoyed the video and that you like my tank!

I'll second or third the 'great video' comments. Amazing work with an iPhone.

You should get a tripod mount for it. The video would be even better!!

aqua-nut said:
I'll second or third the 'great video' comments. Amazing work with an iPhone.

You should get a tripod mount for it. The video would be even better!!
Thank you! The iPhone is definitely impressing me with its video capabilities. I really should get a tripod mount for it. I usually only take photos of the tank and I use my point and shoot camera on a tripod for that. My point and shoot takes great photos but doesn't take very good quality video. I've just gotten into taking videos of the tank, so I'll have to get a tripod set-up for the iPhone.

The iPhone tripod mount should get here tomorrow, so I'll try it out sometime this week.

In the meantime, I just wanted to share a photo of one of my two blue neon gobies. They're the most recent additions to my tank and are doing well.

Back