Reef nutrition

DIY apex controller board

Not sure what you are asking.
A wooden/plexiglass board to mount apex devices?
A circuit board for integrating devices with Apex?

My plan is just have a board cut to the right size and place two triangle in the back to stand up the board. Then just cut holes for each equipment you want to mount and put all the extra wiring behind the board.
Similar to this.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210625-153015.jpg
    Screenshot_20210625-153015.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
The first board I built I used pre-painted shelves from Home Depot. They even cut it to the right height for me (save the extra for "feet". Beyond that I just used a hole saw, furniture grommets to make the holes nice and some angle brackets to the leftover material to get it to stand up.

My plan is just have a board cut to the right size and place two triangle in the back to stand up the board. Then just cut holes for each equipment you want to mount and put all the extra wiring behind the board.
Similar to this.
I tried this already and it wasn’t the best. The real estate I have now won’t allow me to have a cabinet.

The first board I built I used pre-painted shelves from Home Depot. They even cut it to the right height for me (save the extra for "feet". Beyond that I just used a hole saw, furniture grommets to make the holes nice and some angle brackets to the leftover material to get it to stand up.
Can I see a photo please

Can I see a photo please
Yup!

1624736369780.png

You can see a seem just beneath the bottom 2 screws. That's the base (the leftover wood after the shelf was cut to the height of my cabinet). I covered it as best as I could with white vinyl but its still visible if you look hard enough.
  • Shelf & hardware (L brackets, screws) from Home Depot
  • Grommets from Amazon
All in it didn't cost much... more of less the price of the shelf + $10. I forget the exact amount but it couldn't have been more than $30

Eventually I needed more room (second EB832) so I bought 2 adaptive reef boards and put them from to back (one blocking the other - so I have to remove the front one to get to stuff mounted to the back one).

Marine depot has 40% available off their boards. They’re about $80. Not bad at all

Yep, went the way of the HD shelf with a few grommets from Amazon. This one was built to hold one of the EB832s and the Trident. Magnets were attached on the top and bottom, which attaches to the metal, since the tank sits on a CB2 table.
1625088409133.png

The other one holds another EB832 and the head unit. Plenty of space to mount a DOS or whatever on the bottom of it.
1625088680868.png

Total cost for the two of them was ~$40.

Yep, went the way of the HD shelf with a few grommets from Amazon. This one was built to hold one of the EB832s and the Trident. Magnets were attached on the top and bottom, which attaches to the metal, since the tank sits on a CB2 table.
View attachment 29273

The other one holds another EB832 and the head unit. Plenty of space to mount a DOS or whatever on the bottom of it.
View attachment 29274

Total cost for the two of them was ~$40.
Awesome =)

Looks nice!

I tried doing a cabinet/board when I first set up the tank, pretty much a failure from the start. Now I just mounted everything straight into the wall behind the tank lol

Back