Neptune Aquatics

Do you miss any corals?

Twisted

Supporting Member
Do you guys have any Corals regret selling or dying? I’ve been looking back at some pictures of past corals I’ve had and a few Corals come to mind that I regret selling. I had this green on green branching frogspawn that had heads the size of a baseball and I hate how I don’t have it anymore.

I miss an old red/green open brain trachy that took me a couple years to talk the owner of Wet Pets Pleasanton (Waldo, a real character) into selling. It was nothing like the amazing colored trachys you see today but to me it was a cool piece with a nice memory of the store and owner attached to it.

I miss an old red/green open brain trachy that took me a couple years to talk the owner of Wet Pets Pleasanton (Waldo, a real character) into selling. It was nothing like the amazing colored trachys you see today but to me it was a cool piece with a nice memory of the store and owner attached to it.
Sometimes the memory and story attached to some corals are more important than the looks of the coral.

Do you guys have pics of those? I'd love to see them.

I agree about the memory or emotions attached to something increases its perceived value. That's definitely something I am starting to see with some people being attached to a colony they've had for many years. I was watching a ReefBuilders YT video and Jake was showing off a basic blasto, but you could tell it meant a lot to him. He mentioned he had it since the 90s and it was basically in most tanks to ensure it lives on. That was cool. I recently got a frag of Palua Green Nepthea from @Hella_Salty650 which has been with his family for many years. So that adds a lot of history and value to a piece.

I agree about the memory or emotions attached to something increases its perceived value. That's definitely something I am starting to see with some people being attached to a colony they've had for many years. I was watching a ReefBuilders YT video and Jake was showing off a basic blasto, but you could tell it meant a lot to him. He mentioned he had it since the 90s and it was basically in most tanks to ensure it lives on. That was cool. I recently got a frag of Palua Green Nepthea from @Hella_Salty650 which has been with his family for many years. So that adds a lot of history and value to a piece.
IMG_0898.jpeg

It’s the green frog bottom right

It’s the green frog bottom right
Oh that's beautiful! Frogspawn is on my list too. Euphyllia right?

I always confuse that and octospawn. I haven't seen enough of them to tell the difference. Lol

Then there's those hybrid hammer/frogspawn, frammer or something.

Oh that's beautiful! Frogspawn is on my list too. Euphyllia right?

I always confuse that and octospawn. I haven't seen enough of them to tell the difference. Lol

Then there's those hybrid hammer/frogspawn, frammer or something.
Yea it’s Euphyllia. Personally I just see Frogspawn and hammers. I know there are Hybrids but I usually just think of them as frogspawn. And Octospwan are just frogspawn with more “ dots” for a lack of a better word on each tentacle

My old Palmer's in the top down shot in this post:

@Kensington Reefer @Coral reefer I'm trying to grow it out from the frag I got in December but it's not quite happy yet.

I had a Colt coral way back in the day. Grew very large and fluffy; now i don't much see them around.

on the Palmers Blue Milli front, that was definitely a coral i was missing until i managed to find a small frag of it i am trying to grow out now.

Back