Kessil

Don't Break the Chain - v1.0b

neuro

Webmaster
Welcome!

It's long overdue, but I wanted to introduce DBTC v1.0 beta!

I say beta because there are a ton of bugs that I've probably missed. If you see anything that you can categorize as a bug, don't be afraid to post it here. That way, we can all check this thread and avoid submitting duplicate issues.

I've gone ahead and added just a few current chains to our database, but I haven't written any "easy" button to automatically add old threads. Please pm @denzil, @Bluprntguy, and @neuro the thread ID and we can add the old DBTC thread to the database. There's no easy way to add everyone that's already gotten a thread, so we'll just add the first/original donor, and you guys can easily populate the rest.

The DBTC is represented as tree at the top of every thread. From there, it should be pretty self explanatory, but to get you started:

To add a brand new DBTC:
Just create a new thread in any of the DBTC forums, and follow the instructions.

To add, edit, or delete people to an existing DBTC:
Simply hover and click on any of the icons that pop up over a person's node/icon in the tree, located in the thread itself.

Any questions besides adding old dbtc threads, please feel free to continue ask them in this thread.

Last edited:
Bug: There should be a column on the left side under the statistics that has thumbnails of all the pictures in the thread. I don't know why it's not showing up. It looks like an old template is being used instead of the new one I created.

This is really neat. Thank you for doing this neuro!

You should explain how to add people to the dbtc. You did explain how to edit and remove but not add.

This is really neat. Thank you for doing this neuro!

You should explain how to add people to the dbtc. You did explain how to edit and remove but not add.

"To add, edit, or delete people to an existing DBTC:
Simply hover and click on any of the icons that pop up over a person's node/icon in the tree, located in the thread itself."

There is an "add" icon over your donor's icon. You "add" yourself as a recipient by hovering and clicking on the "add" icon of the person who gave you the frag.

For someone like me who never used the original DBTC, it would be helpful to mention that its a section header above the DBTC forum post. I was looking for a link here (assuming is a new site) and then went to a previous DBTC post to find that section :)

Thanks for building this! It looks great.

I'm excited to add myself to a new DBTC thread to track the amazing Ricordeas that Roberto passed on to me. I'm looking forward to growing out these critters and sharing more frags/progeny with the club.

I'm glad it's easier to track the history now and make sure folks honor the DBTC plan.

@tr1gger says:

"Looks like you missed a closing font syntax somewhere. The username font size is different in the DBTC sections of the forums. Just a heads up."

just fixed a nasty bug where it was entering in empty entries.

it's a hot fix. will need to find out how to do it properly.

I just tried to update who I gave RBTA to and it show swayd & nlyo4 but when I refreshed the page their icons disappeared, but it show the trans action on the stats corner...I also think I see an error over in that section, but didn't want to confuse it with this error?

I added nyly04 and swayd to your chain. And their icon showed up and stayed after refreshing.

I deleted them from the chain after to revert to what it was, without me.

You're right it does show the number of Growers as "3" at the moment. Even though there's only you in the chain at the moment.

Maybe try adding them again? I think it's a Stats bug. I personally don't care about the stats, I like seeing the tree more.

the stats were a last minute implementation. don't count on them for anything.

as for why the icon didn't stay, i'm not sure why. i've never encountered that bug even after hours of testing.

I double checked the database. The entries were in there but one of the fields were blank. I don't know what could have caused this. I see @Enderturtle 's entries, and they're fine.

Thank you for bringing it to my attention, but at the moment, I have no clue how that happened.

This rules, so stoked to be a part of it. Just started a build thread on my new 40g tank so if any of you have frags out there, Im definitely interested. Cheers!

Hi @Schmitty, this thread is a couple years old. Members will periodically post a dbtc and if you are ready to take that responsibility, then you can volunteer yourself. As you probably know, a new tank sometimes isn't ready for certain corals, so it's up to you to decide if the coral can thrive in your tank. Good luck and welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi @Schmitty, this thread is a couple years old. Members will periodically post a dbtc and if you are ready to take that responsibility, then you can volunteer yourself. As you probably know, a new tank sometimes isn't ready for certain corals, so it's up to you to decide if the coral can thrive in your tank. Good luck and welcome!

Thanks! My tank is new, but the water and some of the live rock are not, I am gonna give it another week of testing etc, but I think she's ready to go... I currently have a clown fish and some corals and anemone and it all seems to be going well. Cheers

And dbtc is NOT for getting free corals! It is a way for someone to bank their corals in another tank so if anything happens to their tank, they have a way to replenish what they lost.

Reactions: Ibn
Another point to make is that since DBTC is used to backup corals in the event of an untimely death, more often than not, the owner of the DBTC prefers to have their coral pieces going to established tanks where things are known to survive.

Back