Cali Kid Corals

Dosing Magnesium Chloride. Will you still have any sort of residual buildup of anything (sulfates) like dosing Mag Sulfate?

Just curious if only using Magnesium Chloride for Mag adjustments will cause any sort of build up over time. I've got a bucket of IO sitting in my garage...argh.

The question then becomes, do I need to perform water changes if I am only dosing the usual mag/alk solutions as well as adjusting for Mg using mag chloride?

You mean with this guy?

whoish.jpg

Personally I'd go a different route, but if that's what works for you, go for it ;)

Hahah! That's the guy!! I wonder if he's holding a genuine Cohiba?

Tuberider - What other route do you suggest in terms of salt?

Check out our sponsor page and see who is near you :) I used to use Tropic Marin Pro, but i is $$$$. Been using Seachem Reef Salt these days. Will be trying AquaVitro's Salinity once it is out.

177ichael said:
Wow, guess I'll place another order with AquaCraft for some salt after this IO bucket is gone.

Wondering how you arrived at that from this thread? The only answer you got was the build up won't be noticeable due to the frequency of dosing.

AquaVitro Salinity or ESV for me next route. Not sure which one I am going with.

GreshamH said:
177ichael said:
Wow, guess I'll place another order with AquaCraft for some salt after this IO bucket is gone.

Wondering how you arrived at that from this thread? The only answer you got was the build up won't be noticeable due to the frequency of dosing.

Now that I know IO lacks in the Mg department, I'm wondering what else it might be lacking.. From reading the Aqua Craft website, it seems their salts are used in aquaculture, farming, etc.. I'm not specifically touting Aqua Craft salt as THE salt to use, but I know it will be something else other than IO.

Mike

The claims on the aquacraft website are very very suspect, and MDP is unwilling to back up any of his claims, instead he usually attacks the people asking him questions. This is a very progressive club no one here uses that salt - that should tell you something. :D

I use IO, RC, Tropic Marin and add Mg as needed. It so cheap to add, that I don't think its being low in Mg should be a reason not to use it. Sanjay uses IO it and his tank rocks.
I have some ESV coming, so I'll let you all know what I think of it if you are interested. Plus Bob Stark is really nice and I want him to have my money.

Michael del Prete behaves in a way that makes me never want to buy a product from him regardless of how good it is.

Thales said:
I use IO, RC, Tropic Marin and add Mg as needed. It so cheap to add, that I don't think its being low in Mg should be a reason not to use it. Sanjay uses IO it and his tank rocks.

I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but are you dosing Mg Chloride and Mg Sulfate? If Chloride, where do you purchase from?

I'll let Rich speak for himself, but I usually dose MagChloride. It is safe to dose MagSulfate as long as you don't constantly do it so that sulfate doesn't build up. Most people I know get Mag Chloride through www.bulkreefsupply.com (stay tuned, I'll be posting something up on them tonight).

Matt_Wandell said:
Michael del Prete behaves in a way that makes me never want to buy a product from him regardless of how good it is.

You gotta admit that's a sweet picture I posted, I'd hang out with him for sure.

Back