Jestersix

Dosing Vodka

Deep sand is like 8 inches. On both my systems at home I run 20 gallon tanks filled with sand. :D

But given your numbers, I would just do a month or two of GFO and big water changes and nothing else.

tuberider said:
Thales said:
But given your numbers, I would just do a month or two of GFO and big water changes and nothing else.

Odd, that's what I've been saying :D

Psssh shhhh quiet Deuce :p

:lol: Finally I get to call some one that as I was called that for years :p :p :p

tuberider said:
Thales said:

Odd, that's what I've been saying :D
And what I have agreed to do. Between the experience of the 2 of you I feel fairly certain you know what you are talking about. I am starting to notice certain improvements already. I had some Zoa's that had closed up but now are starting to open up again.

I think however this problem was created from a multitude of small occurrences. My pump on my skimmer died about 4 months ago and I was sold the wrong size replacement pump so I had been under skimming, I had a couple of fish die and a sea hare also disappear, then I got 2 new MP40's in my tank and my sand started going everywhere which probably released some built up toxins.
But now I have a new larger skimmer, no new fish have been lost, and the sand has settled down and adapted to the new pumps.

The larger water changes are starting to make a difference. My NO3 is still around 25ppm "Down form 50ppm" and my PO4 is around .1 "down from 1.0" I can see the differnce visually in the tank as the polyp extension on the corals is much better and my zoa's are starting to open back up.

Back