Jestersix

DSLR Intro Workshop - Sunday Aug 16, 5:00 PM

When I first saw this post, I thought it was a workshop on the Dutch system of reefing (DSR). I was super excited...not that photography isn’t exciting [emoji3] Glen who started DSR has some beautiful tanks.

Sorry, I missed this. I have more on line meeting this month than I have ever had and got my dates mixed up. Hope to see more of this in the future as well as any slides.

Unfortunately I missed this and the phone is just not cutting it for taking pictures. I have a Canon EOS M50. Do I need a macro lens (they are expensive!) and what kind of filter can I get for it. The world of cameras is very, very confusing to me, I'd love some newbie "do this" type of advice.

Is it possible that my partner joins? She is the photographer in the family and this would get her even more interested in the hobby. Thanks

Corals+camera= bigger tank❤️

Unfortunately I missed this and the phone is just not cutting it for taking pictures. I have a Canon EOS M50. Do I need a macro lens (they are expensive!) and what kind of filter can I get for it. The world of cameras is very, very confusing to me, I'd love some newbie "do this" type of advice.
Try Amazon for some cheap macro adaptors for your lens filter size. Just make sure you get glass, not plastic....They aren't all bad.

Is it possible that my partner joins?

We held this a little while back, and I think there was some mention of maybe trying to have another session - and yes of course, you’re welcome to have anyone you’d like join with you. @svreef, you’d be in the right place, it was meant to get people going with their camera to get past the initial complexity, offer a few tips for aquarium related pics, and most importantly, help get you started taking pics that you actually like.

Selfishly, I’m still hoping we can have someone who’s really good with phone pics show us filters, how best to set your lighting and what apps give good results, as a part 2 to this one.

if @Squist is willing to help coordinate another meeting, and people are interested in dialing in, I’d be willing to go through it again.

We held this a little while back, and I think there was some mention of maybe trying to have another session - and yes of course, you’re welcome to have anyone you’d like join with you. @svreef, you’d be in the right place, it was meant to get people going with their camera to get past the initial complexity, offer a few tips for aquarium related pics, and most importantly, help get you started taking pics that you actually like.

Selfishly, I’m still hoping we can have someone who’s really good with phone pics show us filters, how best to set your lighting and what apps give good results, as a part 2 to this one.

if @Squist is willing to help coordinate another meeting, and people are interested in dialing in, I’d be willing to go through it again.
We’d be down for it!!!

I'd be happy to help with this and set-up another session.

Btw i thought someone said you guys recorded the session. Is my memory correct? Can someone share the recording?

This is probably best addressed by a board member and not me. But, for conversation's sake and as I hosted the event, I recorded the session. This was announced at the time of the event and we agreed to not post until we figured out what to do with it. Some participants, myself included, have reservations of posting the group video publicly or privately on the GoogleTube, for instance, for different reasons; generally it's about privacy and honoring all member's privacy. In our current age of digital social (over)exposure I know this position can sound pretty antiquated. But the position has merit.

There was discussion of figuring out where we could securely host video but this hasn't yet been determined the board. Maybe a future agenda item. If we had a member's only area that search can't penetrate we might be able to make more progress towards hosting recordings.

Or we could simply choose not to post recordings of events on the grounds of incentivizing members and guests to attend live webinar events. I like this position -- it was pretty fun being a part of it.

I'd be happy to help with this and set-up another session.

This is probably best addressed by a board member and not me. But, for conversation's sake and as I hosted the event, I recorded the session. This was announced at the time of the event and we agreed to not post until we figured out what to do with it. Some participants, myself included, have reservations of posting the group video publicly or privately on the GoogleTube, for instance, for different reasons; generally it's about privacy and honoring all member's privacy. In our current age of digital social (over)exposure I know this position can sound pretty antiquated. But the position has merit.

There was discussion of figuring out where we could securely host video but this hasn't yet been determined the board. Maybe a future agenda item. If we had a member's only area that search can't penetrate we might be able to make more progress towards hosting recordings.

Or we could simply choose not to post recordings of events on the grounds of incentivizing members and guests to attend live webinar events. I like this position -- it was pretty fun being a part of it.
That makes sense actually and come to think about it, i myself would have voted no on posting it, if I was in it...totally get it.

Back