got ethical husbandry?

Ecotech m1 issue

ashburn2k

Supporting Member
So I got a used m1 pump and was working fine in the previous owner’s tank, and when I got home tried to turn it on and only getting blinking green/orange light and pump would not turn on.

Anyone experienced this in past?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

And I’ve tried to reset, which it won’t let me, and might be the wireless chip issue, and I took the chip off, same problem.

2fcaf5ba596d8c52a6eea1bafdb72c2b.jpg

Try it without wet side attached. If it powers on normally, something is preventing wet side magnet from turning.

Hui, open it snd clean it, inspect the impeller and make sure no physical damage on the magnet or the housing.
If you have voltmeter see if voltage out of the power supply is correct.
I do not think this is a wireless issue. Its either power supply, controller board or mechanichal issue in the pump itself .

Try it with a different power supply. I've had issues with some M1's as well and was able to fix them with simply changing out the power supplies. If you do need to order more, you can get them cheaper from AI than you can from Ecotech, it is the same power supply that the Hydra 26 uses with the same plug already attached.

Tried a different power supply same thing, opened it up and cleaned it, put it back, same error. I can feel the pump is trying to spin, but not willing to spin the propeller.

Tried a different power supply same thing, opened it up and cleaned it, put it back, same error. I can feel the pump is trying to spin, but not willing to spin the propeller.

Finally managed to reset it, and still come back blinking green/orange light.

Have you checked your lines? The flashing color there means there's a stall error. Sometimes this can come from blockage or extreme back pressure

After taking the pump apart and soaking in acid overnight, everything is back in action this morning. Thanks everyone for their input.

Inspect the impeller again man. You might have the swelling issue snd the acid bath just reduced the friction which if the case, will be temporarily only.

Sounds like all is well, but a few things that have helped me out in the past for future reference.
1. While I can't speak to second owner situations, when I was servicing tanks I had Ecotech replace M1/L1 pump bodies, drivers, and power supplies well out of warranty if it wasn't a case of customer abuse.
2. I used to clean return pumps by just running them in a bucket of warm citric acid and then scrubbing the parts off with a toothbrush but I found that this didn't always get the calcium buildup out of the rear impeller bearing. Now I take the impeller out, sit the pump with that opening upright, put in a teaspoon of citric acid powder, and a bit of hot water. Once that's done doing its thing I go through my usual steps, reassemble and run it in the bucket, followed by some time in fresh water to rinse everything out. Not that I need to clean pumps often, but this has reduced the frequency I have to clean them at.

Back