got ethical husbandry?

Elos 120 (liter)

robert4025 said:
John!!! Glad to see ya again today! Thanks for stopping by and picked up the last sunset rhodactus...hehe
Is it my imagination, or is this little dude splitting? (I'm still working on focus issues, sorry)
RainbowMushroom2.jpg

Since I'm on an "almost in focus but not quite" kinda roll, here's new arrivals. You can see they have a long way to go to be really happy. Take a gander at JAR's donated Sand Dollar Monti. Even now, with it's polyps just beginning to extend, it's a stunner. Last two images are true heritage pieces, handed down from Richard, Yard Artist to Jim, GITMO and now to me. Thanks all! I love those blasto-merlettis
P1010883.jpg

P1010882.jpg

P1010884.jpg

P1010889.jpg

P1010886.jpg

P1010888.jpg

P1010892.jpg

P1010894.jpg

P1010890.jpg

HeyJohn,
I have a nice frag of some blue with red bumps Rhodactis that had doulbled . Didnt see any in your collection:)
I would love to donate to your renewal. Some refer to it as Superman Rhodactic. Another Neptune gem.
Pm to arrange dropoff.
Keep on keeping on.

Pm sent, Holy Cow, Brian Thanks. JAR: polyps are beginning to extend on both montis. They are high in the tank and really are responding nicely to the Reefbrites. Soon I'll be posting the "after" (acclimation) shots.

The Yuma and the S.M. Rhodactis mushrooms are courtesy of BMHair03 Brian. Holy Cow, Mon.......these guys are already going to town and pumping up their color. Thanks! The cool palys are from JAR Jon. They are starting to wake up along with others. More pics when things settle down.
Yuma_Mushroom.jpg

Superman_Mushroom.jpg

JAR_palys.jpg

Always a good time at sceebo's. Looking good John. I forgot the name of the softie frag you passed to me?
Its doing just fine full PE. Just keep an eye on that Yuma, They seeem to travel till they are in a happy spot
And as they travel they leave little baby Yuma ,like a crumb trail.

bmhair03 said:
Always a good time at sceebo's. Looking good John. I forgot the name of the softie frag you passed to me?
Its doing just fine full PE. Just keep an eye on that Yuma, They seeem to travel till they are in a happy spot
And as they travel they leave little baby Yuma ,like a crumb trail.
http://www.bareefers.org/home/node/3567
Calfo pulsing sinularia

It's funny how plain and kinda brown that S.M. Rhodactis looked when Bri dropped it off. Well, that was only until he held it under the blue LED's. Heheheh........a living creature, yet.......living in MY tank..........how could I be so lucky? 0:)

Brown because I drove there twice! :) I hate cell phones!
Looks like it might pinch off a twin soon.
Updated the DBTC on the Legacy Sinularia . Found it a spot it could grow into.

Holy Cow, do I have news. Little known DBTC Calfo Pulsating Sinularia DOES pulsate. I was watching it under a magnifier and it was shocking! Never in the last 2 years has it pulsated that I've noticed. Now, a clown gobie inhabits it regularly and it pulsates! Wowzers! Here is the clincher: I hauled Nikki in to the kitchen explaining all the way what a landmark event was taking place in my tank. I put the magna-visor on her and waited for her exclamation...........the Sinularia had STOPPED pulsing just as fast as it started. Hmmmm.......Here's a lucky shot video I took with the same 'ol Panasonic, shot underwater. Let me know if this is rarely captured footage or not. ( Double click on the image to connect with the video)

Erick said:
Looks awesome! Can't wait for mine to get that big. Right it's maybe only inch or so at the base and two inches at the top.
Wouldn't it be a kick if it was pulsating all along and I just never looked close enough. My guess it that the entire colony needed to get this mature for it to act as an adult colony. BTW, the clown gobie just LOVES it! It's the little bugger's favorite hangout.

Back