Kessil

Finally got a tank!!

After 6 months of being here I finally got a tank and it's been up and running for about 2 monthsish now. We got a 28 gallon red sea reefer nano. For lighting it has 2 kessil A160 over the top =D

I noticed the local reef stores don't carry much for collector zoas/palys, do any of the BAR members have frags for sale?

vxoppy.jpg

Looks great! Your zoas look really healthy. How do you like the reefer nano? I've got the 170.

I've got some nice Zoas growing; vitamin c, emerald on fire, salted agave, blondies, rastas, utter chaos, groovy grape, rainbow smoothie, sunrise sakura and a few others, but most won't be ready for fragging for a little bit. Keep an eye out for a DBTC once I have a few more heads.

I recommend www.planetzoa.com if you are willing to order online. If I didn't get them from neptunes or CRC, I probably got it from there.

Thanks! I really like it, it's just small haha. I swapped out the ATO for another one.

I seen planet zoa when I lived in Colorado at reefstock, but I'm too afraid to order livestock since I work longer hours out here =/

Do you need to be a member for the DBTC?

California reef co in fremont just ressurrected their collector zoa tank.

3 racks full of named/unique zoas to feed my (our) zoa addiction.

As for DBTC it depends on the starter some of them say supporting members only some are for everyone.

I noticed your zoas on bottom right the brown skirt green center. Those are Vulcan Blood, a Unique Corals piece. We gotta trade zoas!

FYI, Scott Fellman owner of Unique Corals will be visiting us in February to do a talk.

Last edited:
Yeah we went tonight to CA reef co, got another batch of zoa/palys =D

We definitely are becoming addicted to collecting them, we want to make a zoa/paly garden but it might end up a zoo haha!

That frag of vulcan blood is a full one, if you know how to frag we could bring it by and work out some trades! =)

Technically dbtc is only for supporting members. It has happened that guests have been included, but really the spirit of the program is for supporting members. Helps to actually know the people you are gifting frags to in order to insure people play by the rules.
Ultimately it is up to the person that starts the chain to make the rules for their chain, but luckily it's cheap to join! I for one would not give a frag to a guest, unless I knew them well, (in which case I would bug them to join) but that's just me.

Last edited:
Back