Our mission

First Tank!

Just have to shore it up and done for the day!

f77a802517f7ea331909b5da6a90b325.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I work minutes away from Neptune... unfortunately.... but online buys cost me the most as the things I get are beyond Neptune's scope

But, they are great folks! I visit weekly

There are places that will deliver it to you but usually you have to buy like 400 gallons at a time.

i was wondering how people start a 100+ gallon tank. would be a LOT of trips to a store for SW, or take awhile with mixing. although i guess people with big tanks also have big mixing stations.

Lol... that's the problem.

The look on my wife's face would be priceless when I get a 400G tank installed in the courtyard where my office and tanks are.

Maybe I will convine her, it's industrial art. Heh

When I get my new tanks up, I will probably run faucet water with dechlorinator... thoug ht about it long and hard but just no good way

...even calculated number if trips to whole foods for RODI or Neptune for my usual good stuff. Not feasible without a lot of effort.

The SF, my area in Mtn View gets Hetch Hetchy...

When I get my new tanks up, I will probably run faucet water with dechlorinator... thoug ht about it long and hard but just no good way

...even calculated number if trips to whole foods for RODI or Neptune for my usual good stuff. Not feasible without a lot of effort.

The SF, my area in Mtn View gets Hetch Hetchy...
Why not just get an RO/DI system?

Okay! so noticed something new with the duncan when i got home.

First i noticed the black dot on the disk part.
Second, i think it is starting to make a new head?
ZhPcaC8.png

PxL2VTo.png

Why not just get an RO/DI system?

Just plain lazy... mixing SW is my least fave part of the hobby. So rarely mix water now unless I have to.... @1.25 / gal Ca+ dosed and buffered to 420 at Neptune, it's pretty cost effective after you figure out cost of salt, RODI bought or time waiting for RODI to fill...

Duncans usually grow new heads on the side right under the tentacles and flesh of the existing Duncan head. Not my picture, but here's an example off found on Google.

7AD3535D-E277-4F5C-BA49-F66A89550C5B.jpeg

Update!
the black spot on the duncan has moved? or something. sorry for bad photo, i walked by and noticed it as the lights were getting dark.

8y90cA2.png

also this random dark spot on the torch
IrsDfol.png

nyXRkOx.png

Back