Our mission

Flat tire

This morning when I arrived, and parked at the market to do some shopping, I noticed I had a flat tire :( I took a closer look, and lucky me, a big nail in back drivers side tire.
Anyhow, I was advised to get the tire plugged, thus I took my car to the local 76 gas station, and had them "plug" (not patch) the tire. Turns out the nail was about 2" long! :|
Is this "plugging" a pretty much permanent fix? Do I need to worry about anything else?
Thanks

Phong, the puncture was on the treads of the tire luckily -I was told should I have had the puncture on the side of the tire, it would not be "pluggable."

Norm, and Tony -Good to know I don't need to worry about it anymore :)
Thanks!

I have HAD to work on cars my whole life, as a kid 9-10 years old I was doing the brakes on the family car cause my dad was VERY sick, so to say the least my friends call me when they have a problem. I have a tire plug kit in EVERY car I own, they have saved the day countless times, I used to plug the rear tire in my street bike(89 Kawasaki ZX7-never the front tire). I would say Ive done about 40 to 50 plugs in my life, and I have NEVER had one come out. So I would not worry about it, and I would suggest that EVERYONE CARRY A PLUG KIT IN THEIR GLOVE BOX 7 OR 8 BUCKS CAN SAVE YOU A LOT OF TIME AND MONEY. That just my opinion and as you can tell I'm very opinionated about it.

As much that some of the people on BAR know about reef tanks I can confidently say I know about mechanics, I hope some day I can be that confident about my ability as a reefer.

the real Modesto Jeremy, haha

If your tire was punctured in the tread you should have it done by a professional from the INSIDE of the tire. If it was punctured from the sidewall then you need to buy a new tire.

Back