Kessil

Fluconozole Experience with SPS

Blaise006

Supporting Member
Has anyone experienced PH issues or STN/RTN on their acros when using Flucon?

Palmers blue Millie started RTN’ing this morning after dosing flucon last night.

It was doing well up until I dosed.

I've used fluconazole more times than I wish I had to and I've never experienced any rtn/stn. My Palmers blue millie has been through two treatments.

I've used fluconazole more times than I wish I had to and I've never experienced any rtn/stn. My Palmers blue millie has been through two treatments.
Did you guys use this brand by chance?

Attachments

• BCD10827-0C06-433C-8621-1001BAA26447.jpeg
    BCD10827-0C06-433C-8621-1001BAA26447.jpeg
    45.2 KB · Views: 107
Never had an issue with my acros with either half or full dosage with the same Reef Flux brand. Did it RTN after the bryopsis was dying off? If you had a ton of die off it could have led to a nutrient spike.

Never had an issue with my acros with either half or full dosage with the same Reef Flux brand. Did it RTN after the bryopsis was dying off? If you had a ton of die off it could have led to a nutrient spike.
The tank doesn’t have a ton of algae. Maybe about 20ish small patches the size on a pencil eraser in 65 gallons. Nutrients haven’t fluctuated yet based on my test results.

The Millie was doing well for the last two weeks and started showing stress this morning.
I did about 1200mgs in 65 gallons.

Worth mentioning I’ve done flucon before and don’t remember any issues but this Millie from Coral Reefer just doesn’t seem to like my tank.

Did you guys use this brand by chance?
Yes and no impact to SPS/acros etc whatsoever. Used it just after I transferred everything to my current display when I thought I saw a patch of bryopsis starting. However unless the manufacturer explicitly lists ingredients and miligrams they could be changing the formula at random so you could have had a different experience.

Back