Neptune Aquatics

Forum Contest: Semi-Rainbow Acan Grow-out Contest - WINNER

Thanks for the kind words, guys.

I posted an April picture on 4/3, but I'll be glad to post another one when we get home -next week or the following weekend. Currently in Arizona.

Yeah I mean I actually encourage discussion regarding how to grow the coral. What you're doing differently than the other person. Whose corals died and why lol.

You all can post as many pictures as you'd like showing your progression/set up. So long as you post 1 picture before the deadline of each month.

Here we go....

FullSizeRender.jpg

I have to said it but I am out! :( I look into my sump to take picture of the acan and all I saw was a dead skeleton :(. My Kore 5th doser has been missed dose the tank for a week now.

Attachments

• IMG_8085.JPG
    IMG_8085.JPG
    144 KB · Views: 298
@boun11 sorry you lost the frag hopefully no other livestock was affected.

Okay so here is a quick pic of mine. It seems to be doing pretty well a little green is starting to show.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429542561.196814.jpg

Ryan

Last edited:
It might be interesting to track whether frags picked up very early do better than those at the end. It is only natural to pick the healthiest frag first. I think it also may be traumatic going from the store, to Michael's tank, and then finally to the contestant's tank (and sometimes members pick up for other members so an extra dip / tank)......I'm not sure but I think Boun was one of the latter picks? Sorry for the loss.

I think my doser dosing too much Ca and Alk into the tank and I put the frag in the sump frag area has a lot to do with it. When it's overdosed the sump area becomes very concentrated. the lps in my main tank is doing fine.

FYI: The acan frag that the guy tried stealing at California Reef Co was the mother colony of these frags. Soooo you do have something special and you got it for a measly 10$. If you want to go see the colony, stop by the store. These frags might be solid orange for you some of you as you blast it with light and stuff it with food but when you're done winning the contest I recommend putting them lower in your tank to bring out all of the colors.

Last edited:
Here's mine for May. Still looks nice, doesn't seem to have done much, but you can see a little spur growing off the bottom left - hopefully that's good(?)
acan1 5-4-15.jpg

I need to get one of those acrylic top-viewer things to take decent overhead pics. Does anyone sell those, or should I make a trip to Tap Plastics?
acan2 5-4-15.jpg

Back