Kessil

Foster City - 125 6ft set up. Looking for help moving

If I can get atleast one other person that would be good for either Friday, Saturday or Sunday I’ll rent the uHual now. Won’t say no to two. Will provide pizza and beer for most haha

I am flexible on times and day but just for the sake of sign up and getting a uHual. Throw your names below and feel free to mark it that you prefer the cash option or pm me as a follow ip

5:30 pm Friday** must be at LFS in San Mateo at 5:30pm, they close at 6pm.

3pm Saturday

3pm Sunday

please post your availability below :)

I will buy some pizza and beer and if you are still interested in my initial offer for cash that stands as well.

***if CoralReefers schedule permits the use of his van on Sunday I will default to that option. However, I am aware he has a big move going on and have no issue pursuing other methods. I really appreciate his offer to help!

Last edited:
I would prefer to not drop an additional 2k immediately. I am a big fan of LED/T5 hybrids. My DT RSR250 is 3 hydra 26s with 4x t5 bulbs. Gives me great dispersed par. But replicating that over 6 feet feels like it may be prohibitively expensive.
Never done just t5 lighting by itself but I’m not opposed to it either.

budget wise, If I go slow I don’t mind spending a decent penny, but that also means I might be able to find some deals.

I also don’t need full sps lighting immediately and can add to it over time.

I have some old Chinese blackboxes from when I first started. I think viparspectra or something. They could probably be sufficient while the tank get up and running over the next few months.

back when I had a 6 foot tank I rented a Uhaul utility trailer to transport the tank and it only came out to like $20 a day.

I have a truck you could use. With the tailgate up it’s 71.5 inches long. But we could put plywood up and use the ratchet. Would this be viable and safe for the tank? How wide is the tank? I’m in San Mateo. I’m only free Sat/Sun. Are you also moving a stand or just the tank?

I have a truck you could use. With the tailgate up it’s 71.5 inches long. But we could put plywood up and use the ratchet. Would this be viable and safe for the tank? How wide is the tank? I’m in San Mateo. I’m only free Sat/Sun. Are you also moving a stand or just the tank?
I’ll defer to @Srt4eric or @Coral reefer for their opinion on that. This is the first time I’ve ever moved this amount of glass and would like to lean on their experience. The tank is 72.5. I am just moving the tank. I built a stand in my garage.

What's your budget?
reposting this because I forgot to hit reply to you. Apologies.

would prefer to not drop an additional 2k immediately. I am a big fan of LED/T5 hybrids. My DT RSR250 is 3 hydra 26s with 4x t5 bulbs. Gives me great dispersed par. But replicating that over 6 feet feels like it may be prohibitively expensive.

budget wise, If I go slow I don’t mind spending a decent penny, but that also means I might be able to find some deals.

I have some old Chinese blackboxes from when I first started. I think viparspectra or something. They could probably be sufficient while the tank get up and running over the next few months.

reposting this because I forgot to hit reply to you. Apologies.

would prefer to not drop an additional 2k immediately. I am a big fan of LED/T5 hybrids. My DT RSR250 is 3 hydra 26s with 4x t5 bulbs. Gives me great dispersed par. But replicating that over 6 feet feels like it may be prohibitively expensive.

I bought from a small company called Reefi. Based is Seattle and excellent support. I even have a zoom meeting with the owner to help me debug the scheduling issue ( my fault, not the light).

You can see the pic and par reading from my build page. I have the Unos, the smallest light. 180W per light @ about $380. I’m only using 60% power and I can grow SPS like monti and stylo. I can get 400+ par at 80% power.

Check it out. The build quality is excellent. Personally I like the visual color from kessil but just not willing to pay the price.

You probably can start with 2 and add the third down the road .

Thank you to everyone who offered to help. I’ve got enough people to assist in the move. The mods can close the thread if they want.

Thank you to everyone again!

Back