Reef nutrition

FRAG TANK IDEA=QUARANTINE TANK IDEA= MASSIVE CORAL DIE OFF (no idea)

Too bad. I've got the tri-color bali you gave in DBTC, I'll get you a frag of that, right now it's low on color though. I've got others you can have frags of if you like them.

I loved your tank. It looks so empty now. I'm so sorry this happened. :( I don't know if you lost your Green Milipora, but I have the frag you gave me through DBTC and would be happy to give it back. Let me know...I'll be at the next BOD on Saturday.

Sergio,

I picked up your Oregon Tort at the swap. Happy to bring it to the BOD meeting for you.

Be sure to let us know what else you lost so we can replace it all. :D

[quote author=saltwatersig link=topic=6743.msg87101#msg87101 date=1236571601]
Again I am at a loss twice this weekend , First when I saw my death tank in full glory......and secondly today with the amount of caring and giving Individuals. I will sleep comfortably tonight (well after checking on frag tank a few more times into the night) knowing my losses will not be permanant.
[/quote]

Everyone will crash their tank and kill all the corals in it - its the most humbling constant in the reefing universe. ;)

Distributing frags OFTEN through DBTC, Prop Program, or just to friends, ensures their survival and are also nice ways to ensure you will always have access to them.

While we have all marveled at Sergio's generosity in DBTC over the last year, we'll all marvel now at how quickly those corals are replaced.

Oh man, I am really sorry to hear that Sergio!
The only thing I have from your list that has not been offered yet is a Pink Lemonade. I only have a frag of it and I would be more than happy to give that to you. Once it is grown out you can always give me a little frag of it back.

If you would be interested I also have:
- Mr. Ugly Red Prostrata
- Blue/purple Prostrata
- very nice brigh yellow/green stag
- ORA blue milli

You are always welcome to stop by at my house and pick from anything that I have that is big enough to frag!

I wonder if REVIVE is a little harsh on corals compared to TMPCC and plain old iodine dips... I also lost a ton of corals when I did a 30 min dip of revive awhile back... In the past, I've used standard dosages of other dips and had no problem. Nowadays I'm a little scared to use REVIVE... have almost a full bottle of it that's sitting around unused.

[quote author=Eight link=topic=6743.msg87134#msg87134 date=1236586781]
I wonder if REVIVE is a little harsh on corals compared to TMPCC and plain old iodine dips...
[/quote]

I've been using Revive a ton lately and have found it much less harsh than any iodine based dip, especially with Montis.

A half an hour is way too long a dip, 15 min at the most is fine. I once left some corals in for 1 1/2 hr and they all lived, if that were TMPCC you can bet the corals would be dead.

Sergio - Very sorry to hear what happened to your corals. We were just there so know the full impact to your tank. :( If you need help with anything let me know...I also have the hawkins from the swap.

Sergio,

You are welcome to anything in my tank. :D

I think the culprit is too long a dip in Revive. The instructions say to leave the coral in for a 'few minutes', so I think 25 min is way too long. I use Revive with no issues and only dip for 4 -8 minutes at most.

dude - I know how you feel...I don't have anymore of your corals since my early crash, but let me know if I can help.

Hey guys and gals , thank you for all your support ;D

As far as corals go, I have a few people whom offered replacement frags for some of the stuff I lost, I have pm'd those Individuals, so if you have some of my DBTC corals and I have'nt pm'd you then please grow them out to continue the DBTC program ;)

Charles ....you should write Hallmark cards and put them in the TANK CRASH section :D All kidding aside, It will probably take me a few weeks to figure out what has made it and what did'nt, I will update my list of losses periodically :(

Rich (Thales) , does your offer include stuff in your big tank at the Academy of Science? jk...thanks very much for the offer.

Apon, I remember your posting about your crash and yes its a sad thing to have happen but at least I know my tank will recover as yours will :)

Ouch! Sorry to hear about that! Yeah revive is only to be dipped for a few minutes.

If I have anything you need, let me know...

[quote author=saltwatersig link=topic=6743.msg87312#msg87312 date=1236655685]
Charles ....you should write Hallmark cards and put them in the TANK CRASH section :D All kidding aside, It will probably take me a few weeks to figure out what has made it and what did'nt, I will update my list of losses periodically :(
[/quote]
Charles' Hallmark[sup]tm[/sup] Tank Crash Haiku:

Corals perish fast
Fear not, in BAR they still live
Tank beauty reborn

:D

[quote author=cwolfus link=topic=6743.msg87360#msg87360 date=1236665017]
[/quote]

Corals perish fast
Tank beauty reborn

[/quote]

awesome

[quote author=cwolfus link=topic=6743.msg87360#msg87360 date=1236665017]
[/quote]

Corals perish fast
Tank beauty reborn

[/quote]

;D I love it!

Back