High Tide Aquatics

Free 30x30x18” ringless reef tank with base and hood

I have not been on this site for more than 12 years as I just checked, and it took me a while to find this forum, so I hope I did not post this in the wrong place. I have been getting rid of my vast amount of coral equipments recently that I truly enjoyed many years ago. I stopped the hobby about 10 years ago. Since my equipments have been sitting there for more than 10 years, I figured they are mostly outdated, therefore trash can they go. I came to my last coral tank that is 30x30x18” ringless (I believe it is also starfire glass) cube tank, with small amount of scratches, has a simple base and also diy hood that can be height adjusted from the top of the tank. The hood has my diy actinic led lights but do not have the main light anymore. The only problem I can think of is the silicone that holds the tank together has been pretty old (I used it for 4 years, and it has been sitting there for 12 years), so the silicone might need to be reworked (I am not sure of it though). If anyone like to have this setup and have a pickup truck to haul it away in the next week or two, please let me know, you can have it for free. I will hold it for a couple of weeks, if no interest in it, it will go to dumpster, which I hate to do.

Attachments

• EC15E420-D464-4763-B351-73E658AD989C.jpeg
    EC15E420-D464-4763-B351-73E658AD989C.jpeg
    61.8 KB · Views: 130
  • 2DAA4FF2-0B99-41BC-A27E-B512178E5386.jpeg
    2DAA4FF2-0B99-41BC-A27E-B512178E5386.jpeg
    64.9 KB · Views: 134
  • 90D61D0F-F2D6-40BD-8877-B9936F992008.jpeg
    90D61D0F-F2D6-40BD-8877-B9936F992008.jpeg
    74.6 KB · Views: 133
  • 16B6CE17-511C-4F80-9508-BBDF46CDD385.jpeg
    16B6CE17-511C-4F80-9508-BBDF46CDD385.jpeg
    89.7 KB · Views: 138
I have not been on this site for more than 12 years as I just checked, and it took me a while to find this forum, so I hope I did not post this in the wrong place. I have been getting rid of my vast amount of coral equipments recently that I truly enjoyed many years ago. I stopped the hobby about 10 years ago. Since my equipments have been sitting there for more than 10 years, I figured they are mostly outdated, therefore trash can they go. I came to my last coral tank that is 30x30x18” ringless (I believe it is also starfire glass) cube tank, with small amount of scratches, has a simple base and also diy hood that can be height adjusted from the top of the tank. The hood has my diy actinic led lights but do not have the main light anymore. The only problem I can think of is the silicone that holds the tank together has been pretty old (I used it for 4 years, and it has been sitting there for 12 years), so the silicone might need to be reworked (I am not sure of it though). If anyone like to have this setup and have a pickup truck to haul it away in the next week or two, please let me know, you can have it for free. I will hold it for a couple of weeks, if no interest in it, it will go to dumpster, which I hate to do.
@tonggao location? Looks very nice!

Tong you are alive? :eek:
Haha, it does feel like forever, doesn't it? Great to see you still on the forum Arnold, there is still at least one person I know here after 12 years hibernating;). How are things going buddy?

Thanks richiev, popper, and Kensington Reefer for the kind words! I have three people here contacted me already, and I will go with the order they contacted me, so please do not send me more pm for now. If for some reason none of the three works out, I will post here again asking for more people. Besides the base, tank, and hood, I will also give away the sump and protein skimmer.

Haha, it does feel like forever, doesn't it? Great to see you still on the forum Arnold, there is still at least one person I know here after 12 years hibernating;). How are things going buddy?

Thanks richiev, popper, and Kensington Reefer for the kind words! I have three people here contacted me already, and I will go with the order they contacted me, so please do not send me more pm for now. If for some reason none of the three works out, I will post here again asking for more people. Besides the base, tank, and hood, I will also give away the sump and protein skimmer.
Doing good. No more tank for you? Not even a little one?

The tank setup is in the good hands of a member on this site now. Thank you very much for all the interests, and I am sure the new owner will give the tank a great new life that I could not do in the last 10 years.

I got rid of most of my tanks now, but still kept two nano tanks in storage. So don't be surprised if some day I pop up here and beg for some frags:);)
LMK if you want to meet up sometime Tong. Grab lunch or something

Back