Our mission

Free frag to whoever answers the question first!!

I cleaned out some files yesterday and one of the price lists had Big Pipe listed as a coral, care to take a gander on the genus and species? I'll give you a hint, it cost me $19.00 in 1992.

I still have a couple of pieces from Nippon in my tanks from all those years ago too. My Green Bubble and Candy Canes are both pretty large now. I think it was Steve who worked upstairs? he had some nice tanks going on up there too. What ever happened to that place? they seemed to had it going on.

sfsuphysics said:
Ok I'm curious now, how does Blastomussa Wellsi = Big Pipe?

when dead the skeleton looks like a larger version of a "pipe" ;)

back then it was either that, or, a "brain coral". We used to get massive acan/micro colonies for $25 export price and all called brain coral. The only way to tell the difference with the "brain corals' was to know the item number of each and what they looked like :(

Reef Keeper said:
Good call Sid,

Quick on the draw.

Here is a picture of that beauy. I wonder if Jeremy still has it from 1992?

It's amazing how expensive corals have gotten over the past 10-15 years. $)

They still are cheaper then they should be given the price of fuel and inflation since 1992. Try to get yourself shipped to Indo for the price of a box of coral :lol:

GreshamH said:
Reef Keeper said:
Good call Sid,

Quick on the draw.

Here is a picture of that beauy. I wonder if Jeremy still has it from 1992?

It's amazing how expensive corals have gotten over the past 10-15 years. $)

They still are cheaper then they should be given the price of fuel and inflation since 1992. Try to get yourself shipped to Indo for the price of a box of coral :lol:

Good Point H)

Back