Geneva's 120

Discussion in 'Tank Journals' started by Geneva, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Geneva

Geneva Supporting Member

Hi Folks, I've had my tank since January 2012.

My tank is 48" x 24" x 25" and sits on my kitchen counter "peninsula style" between the family room and kitchen. I have 2 JNS VS-1 Hang-on Protein Skimmers, 2 Koralia pumps with wave controller, 1 Jebao RW15, and 3 AI LED lights with controller - set up with rock, sand, fish, and corals.

I have 4 clowns, 3 tangs (blue, yellow, and sailfin), 1 dwarf angel (coral beauty), 1 goby, 2 shrimps, 1 clam.

2013-11-26 15.31.21 (Small).jpg 2013-11-26 13.14.57 (Small).jpg 2013-11-26 13.15.21 (Small).jpg

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
    Calde0920, neuro and HiFidelity like this.
  2. euod

euod Supporting Member

Welcome!
    Mike, did a great job taking care of the tank, "sparkly" alright.

travis furia likes this.
  3. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

I've seen way worse pics Geneva! Glad you made the tank journal. Tank is really healthy and packed full of fish and corals!

4. aqua-nut

aqua-nut Supporting Member

Again, welcome. Pics are great. No need to apologize! I love the look of a peninsula tank. Wish I had a place for one.

5. tr1gger

tr1gger Keyboard Cowboy

Looks good. Welcome to BAR!

6. Kmooresf

Kmooresf Supporting Member

Very cool set up! Nice work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. HiFidelity

HiFidelity Guest

awesome tank

8. gimmito

gimmito Supporting Member

Welcome Geneva...nice tank. :)

9. neuro

neuro Webmaster

i love peninsula tanks. 3 sides of eye cocaine.

10. DeeAnnMG

DeeAnnMG Guest

Here you are! Everything looks great. Can't wait to see your tank in person.

11. Kensington Reefer

Kensington Reefer Supporting Member

Freakin lovely

12. denzil

denzil Webmaster

Welcome, Geneva!

13. Geneva

Geneva Supporting Member

Thanks everyone for your positive replies!! This is certainly a great hobby to learn patience, frustration, and elation all at once! It is almost embarrassing to admit to the countless hours I spend watching things move, grow, and die. I have been fortunate that all my fish are doing well and corals ok....but not good with anenomes! I tried a clam but it died after 2 months but trying one more time!! Here are a few pictures of my tank today......(thank God Mike is still doing maintenance and water changes and giving me great advice and support!)

My new clam purchased after the BAR meeting on 4/12/14 from Aquatic Collections:

2014-04-13 13.35.13.jpg

Attached Files:

Nav likes this.
  14. Hondo

Hondo Guest

Great looking tank!!!

Geneva likes this.
  15. FeliciaLynn

FeliciaLynn Supporting Member

Looking great! That's a maxima clam correct? Looks healthy so far. I hope this one does well for you.

Geneva likes this.
  16. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Not too shabby! Putting clams at the top is always good because they'll never grow outward so much that they'll shade everything lower than them :D

Geneva likes this.
  17. Devon

Devon Guest

Awesome tank thanks for sharing!

Geneva likes this.
  18. Geneva

Geneva Supporting Member

I feel silly - did not even ask what type of clam it is - duh! But I did name it Klay for the Warriors!!

kavcheung and FeliciaLynn like this.
  19. Geneva

Geneva Supporting Member

Thanks fellow GIANTS fan!!!

20. Geneva

Geneva Supporting Member

My first clam kept falling in the sand and did not seem to like it there as it died......some clams seem just fine in the sand so thought I'd try something different!!