Jestersix

Gimmito's 450 gal L-shaped tank

CookieJar said:
Jim- project is coming along, slowly but surely. I'm making some fake (foam) rock walls to go with the other rocks. i'll post pics when I get the new tank thread going. keep up with the updates- always something new getting added.
8)

Nice. The tank looks good. Fish look happy.

Ignore Mike, keep making videos. I like your calm voice. It's reefkeeping not used car sales!!

It sounds like you're making the video in secret while hiding from your wife because you know she would be like, " damnit Jim, another fricking video!? Get your butt out there and mow the lawn or something!"

Everybody looks happy Jim!! Very cool. I love cleaner shrimp! I have 4 now. LOL! I like the video's too, and you couldn't possibly be more monotone than me! LOL! We all need a narration class I think. ;)

Kmooresf said:
Everybody looks happy Jim!! Very cool. I love cleaner shrimp! I have 4 now. LOL! I like the video's too, and you couldn't possibly be more monotone than me! LOL! We all need a narration class I think. ;)

Thanks Kris,

I actually started out with 10 cleaners and 6 fire shrimp. Little did I know that they eventually take each other out when one of them molts. I probably have about 6 cleaners and 4 blood shrimp now.

Maybe I can get Bob Fenner to narrate my videos. :D

gimmito said:
Kmooresf said:

Thanks Kris,

I actually started out with 10 cleaners and 6 fire shrimp. Little did I know that they eventually take each other out when one of them molts. I probably have about 6 cleaners and 4 blood shrimp now.

I gave up on having more than 2 cleaner, and 2 peppermint. Seems like pairs work for me, and larger numbers just disappear.
I hope your cleaning station stays going. I had one for a while, but since shrimp are over-fed, I think they eventually got lazy
and stopped bothering.

Hmmmm, I have a pair in the display and a pair in the sump. I had planned on putting them together eventually, but maybe I will keep them seperate? Good to know, thanks.

I was thinking Sigourney Weaver!!!! Like watching NAT GEO!! ;) Too much??

rygh said:
gimmito said:
Kmooresf said:

Thanks Kris,

I gave up on having more than 2 cleaner, and 2 peppermint. Seems like pairs work for me, and larger numbers just disappear.
I hope your cleaning station stays going. I had one for a while, but since shrimp are over-fed, I think they eventually got lazy
and stopped bothering.

My peppermints seem to get along well in larger groups, but the cleaners seem to be limited to two. In a tank as large as Gimmito's maybe a couple pairs would be able to stake out their own areas.

I had 10 peppermint shrimp in my 40 gal fuge to see if they would breed thus feeding the main display. Unfortunately, they all died off...probably not enough food.

Back