High Tide Aquatics

Gimmito's 450 gal L-shaped tank

That's true... forgot about the established tank part.... I was reading online (can't remember where, but if I find it again, I'll link you to it) that the pygmy angels will start to nip/pick at corals only when food is scarce, and there is a lot of competition for food. Oh, wait, I read this in a book, so I can't link it to you = /

http://www.amazon.com/What-Fish-Buyers-Guide-Reef/dp/0764143069/ref=pd_sim_b_2

has most of the basic information, but a few little tid bits here and there. Mentioned that the flame was the most difficult to keep in a reef tank because they will start to pick at corals if they feel that they aren't getting enough to eat. Reading this and that anthias article made up my mind about adding a second autofeeder (both set on low of course) to the 210 just so there is no fighting when there are more tangs.

I put an autofeeder on my tank because you told me too when I was thinking about getting anthias. I think it's time for you to get an autofeeder Jim ;P

goldielocke76 said:
That's true... forgot about the established tank part.... I was reading online (can't remember where, but if I find it again, I'll link you to it) that the pygmy angels will start to nip/pick at corals only when food is scarce, and there is a lot of competition for food. Oh, wait, I read this in a book, so I can't link it to you = /

has most of the basic information, but a few little tid bits here and there. Mentioned that the flame was the most difficult to keep in a reef tank because they will start to pick at corals if they feel that they aren't getting enough to eat. Reading this and that anthias article made up my mind about adding a second autofeeder (both set on low of course) to the 210 just so there is no fighting when there are more tangs.

I put an autofeeder on my tank because you told me too when I was thinking about getting anthias. I think it's time for you to get an autofeeder Jim ;P

Thanks for the link Brandie. :) I've accidentally dropped 2 eheim auto feeders in the tank, thus no auto feeder at the moment. I did pick up a rena auto feeder from John (SFboarders) when he broke down his tank. I'll set it up soon and velcro it down. :D

gimmito said:
goldielocke76 said:

Thanks for the link Brandie. :) I've accidentally dropped 2 eheim auto feeders in the tank, thus no auto feeder at the moment. I did pick up a rena auto feeder from John (SFboarders) when he broke down his tank. I'll set it up soon and velcro it down. :D

Ahh that makes much more sense. I thought you had them, but I had no idea that they were dropped... /gulp. Lmk if you need some thick acrylic (if you get an ehiem again) to mount it. I had some really thick acrylic, cut it down to size, zip tied the acrylic to the brace at the top of the tank, and then mounted the ehiem to it. Worked like a charm. Now it's not going anywhere.

Also, you know, you can always take those ehiems back to PetSmart and exchange them ;) Last time I checked, they even took stuff back from Petco because they wanted the business more than they cared about returning the stuff. I took mine back the week before last because the little knob broke off. Told them what happened and they said to just bring it back if anything else happens to it. That was the policy when I worked there and it seems to be the current policy now.

patrickb said:
Great looking angels! Potters angel is my favorite fish as well. Just wish I could find someone tank breeding these guys.

Thanks Patrick. I think you need to get your girl to contact Frank Baench for one. ;)

Back