Neptune Aquatics

Glass repair

I was setting up a 30 gallon and while cycling there was a loud noise and I go down to find a 5 inch hairline crack in the upper left corner of the back plate of a IM nuvo 30

I'm wondering if anyone knows and glass shops in the east or South Bay that repair an aquarium

I know I can fix it myself but I have never attempted a repair of a rimless tank

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What caused the crack? unlevel floor? defect? is the tank still under warrantee? Now that the tank is cracked I am thinking it can get worse, unless you can determine the cause. You don't want 30 gallon of salt water hitting the floor. Consider taking some water out of your tank to reduce the stress/weight?

Everything is level. I think just a defect that came about right now. Tank is years old so it's not covered.

How bad is the crack? Does it go all the way to the edge? I've had a nasty crack before that I managed to fix by drilling a tiny hole at the end of the crack to prevent it from going any further, then packing the hole and the crack with silicone.

Right now it doesn't go to any edge and no leaks yet. Half of the crack is above the water line so there isn't much pressure on the crack

Back