got ethical husbandry?

Glock G17C

Does anyone know about how much a G17C standard runs? Also, if you've ever owned or used one, how is it compared to the standard G17? Is there really less recoil and muzzle climb?

Thanks,
Mike

You should head out to the range and rent one to try it out. Rent out a 17 (non-C) to compare. I'm guessing they run the same regardless of the variant.

The "C" means "Compensated" right? So there are slits cut in the top of the barrel? I wonder if you get more muzzle flash.

V

Yah, that's my understanding. My pals and I might head out to Target Masters this weekend to rent, but I'll have to convince them since it's a bit of a drive for us. We usually just go to Davis Street in San Leandro. That said, one of my friend owns a 19 which is what I originally wanted, but the slide keeps knicking my hand. I figure I need to move up to a larger grip.

Nicking your hand? Dang that can really hurt if it gets you good enough :D

It totally depends what you want to do with it. The c models are only slightly more expensive than a standard. You can always get a second barrel for it made by kkm or barsto. THey both make a drop in replacement that has standard rifling instead of the polygonal.. For a self defense gun stay away from the 17c it will blind you and make you deaf at the same time. If you had to shoot from the hip the blast would burn your jacket and make your ears ring for weeks :) the 17 is extremely mangeable even with +p israeli subgun ammo hahah.. Don't ask how I know... Best thing is to go shoot one as previously suggested..

Back