Neptune Aquatics

Golf... My other addiction

i use to golf alot. Then i got started on reefing. I havent golf in almost 2 years. Each time i think of golfing, i figure.. hmmm.. I could use that 100$ for frags of fishes instead.. then it became easy choice.

But now, i'm starting to think about golf again. But then again, i just got hooked on Paintball last year. So now, my spring/summer days will be full soon.

I still golf but now that I opened Sundays i cant :( :( :( We should get a BAR scrambles tourney going sometime. Winner gets a free corals!! :D

My brother is a teaching Pro up at the Bridges Course. He could get us in cheap probably! Im about a 9 handicap when i use to play. I dont know about now ::)

Every Friday morning at 7am at the Santa Teresa Golf Club to do the back 9 before going to work. Not addicted.... but it's nice to get outside like that at least once a week.

Golf is the like third most expensive sport out there. If you think about it the cost of balls, driving range, cost of playing the course.
The cost of basket ball is a ball, some raggy clothes and thats about it! The first most expensive sport is Racing cars the cost of one tire used on the track is like $1000 :eek: The second would be Horse racing!

$20 for a pair of Nike Golf Shoes on ebay
$150 for a used set of good irons, wedges, putter and bag on ebay
$100 for an excellent driver used... on ebay
$10 for a couple dozen used balls from the golf club each month
$20 a week to play the back nine... walk and enjoy being outside

Less than $200 to get started.... less than $100 a month to play.

Last time I picked up a round of Reef Nutrition products and some mysis from the LFS... nearly $300

I have two interest and golf is by far the cheapest of the two!

I'm down for a BAR tourney. Anyone want to play at Moffett? I can get you in there. I play twilight for $15 for 18. Not the best shape but great price.

I split my free time between golf and reefing. If I'm lucky, I'll get out once a month onto the golf course. Unfortunately, both are a little pricey and they take a lot of time. I guess that's why I'm not that good at either.

Its still more expensive than football, basketball and baseball, and some other sports. I mean if you play all over it gets costly. I mean to , play Fountain Grove its like $75. Set of Cleveland Irons $900 Mizuno Driver and 3 wood $600 Pro v1 golf balls $40 Foot Joy Dryjoys $150
Gloves $20, tees, If you want a drive a cart which most courses out of city wont let you walk, cause its holds up play.I guess it greatly depends on how you play and where you play. :D There both $$ no matter how you look at!.

Yeah it's expensive because I like going to different courses. If I had to guess I would say that my reefing cost more but that's also because i like nice equipment and expensive corals.

I have a golf addiction, but I don't think it is any worse than my friend's snowboarding addiction. He spends $1,000 every 1-2 years on new gear + $500 for a season pass + lodging + gas for his huge 4x4 truck. A $1,000 set of clubs lasts a lot longer than a $1,000 snow board. It's all relative. That being said, I def. up for a game if anyone in the east bay wants to play, and sign me up if you guys ever have a BAR scramble.

I do!! haha a heniochus and a clown trigger someone had in there tank for about 3 years! I have a whole bunch of large eels that we dont want that im going to give away soon if nobidy buys them! Used fish half off Ill throw them in our sale bin! hehe

My brother Is a Golf Teacher up at the Bridges golf course in San Ramon. I can ask him to get you a good deal on some lessons, or Ill give you some pointers if you want to head out to the range. My brothers name is Steve Watanabe and he teaches under System Golf. Hes a scratch golfer and plays on the Nike and Pepsi Tours. He will take care you. Me iuse to play in High school and in college and got down to a about a 5 handicap but now Im not sure where I am!

http://www.thebridgesgolf.com/golf_instruction_california.cfm

[quote author=orientalexpress link=topic=6505.msg83777#msg83777 date=1235444633]
...oh btw,where is the best place for golf lesson?
lapsan
[/quote]
http://www.golfland.com/milpitas/attractions.asp

;D :D

Back