Neptune Aquatics

Good dosing pumps?

If your doing the balling method then it’s more than just the mg that you’re dosing so having it on a doser with the other two is probably beneficial.

Narrowing it down to these two:

Kamoer X4:
https://premiumaquatics.com/products/kamoer-x4-wifi-doser.html

GHL 2.1:
https://premiumaquatics.com/products/ghl-doser-21-sa-3-pump-white.html

Good to buy it now since it's the whole black friday deal. I know a lot of people who use the GHL, but I've heard good and bad things. With the Kamoer I haven't heard anyone say anything bad, but probably because of how many units are out there vs. GHL.

I like these two because they have 3+ pumps, so I won't have to worry. The kamoer has 4, not sure what I'd do with the last one (maybe if I ever need, No3Po4-x?).

Sorry to chime in late, but I have two BRS dosing pumps that I run on simple timers. They each run about 4 hours a day (I think you’re not supposed to run them that hard) but I’ve been running them like that for the past 2 years without a problem. They’re noisy and probably bigger than alternatives. I use clear flexible tubing so I can see if the lines are starting to clog and replace the tubing as needed about once a year.

Sorry to chime in late, but I have two BRS dosing pumps that I run on simple timers. They each run about 4 hours a day (I think you’re not supposed to run them that hard) but I’ve been running them like that for the past 2 years without a problem. They’re noisy and probably bigger than alternatives. I use clear flexible tubing so I can see if the lines are starting to clog and replace the tubing as needed about once a year.
Wow...how are you using them?

I’m using them for watered-down alk and Ca dosing (that’s why they have to run forever!) I started doing this when we didn’t have a water top-up yet, and just continued. I figure if the pump stuck on, I might hear it running during the day and shut it off before the alk spiked too much. I always look at every piece of equipment like “what’s the most harm it could do if something went wrong” and just try to prevent the possibility instead of relying on sensors. Now that I have an AP700 the thing that scares me most of all is that the control software crashes, sets the power to max, and fries my corals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

.... Now that I have an AP700 the thing that scares me most of all is that the control software crashes, sets the power to max, and fries my corals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You might be able to have a backup plan with Apex/other controller.
Put it on one of the big relays, and measure current.
If current goes way up, or if it is on at weird times during the night, trigger alarm and turn relay off.

Back