[Grow-out Contest] Tangerine Dreams Chalice - GROWTH TRACKING

Discussion in 'BAR Contests and Giveaways' started by Enderturtle, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Ashalye

Ashalye Webmaster

Wow! Good job. Congratulations. :)

2. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

I have no idea. I wasn't not part of this contest. Ask @Enderturtle

3. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

Wasn't part of the growout contest, but am housing John's piece, aka Charlie. Received it approximately 5 weeks ago with 3 mouth and it's grown an extra.

[​IMG]

This frag will be returned to John when he's ready to set up another tank. Hopefully it continues to grow and cover the plug.

4. ashburn2k

ashburn2k Webmaster

So this is what it’s called, I have one too, never knew what it was called. And it hardly grew any size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

5. Wlachnit

Wlachnit Vice President

I have a very similar chalice...(if not the same) that I brought back from the dead 2.5y ago and it has not grown at all. Granted I don't feed my corals anything...

6. Flagg37

Flagg37 Colorado member

Thanks for babysitting it.

7. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

Not a problem at all.

I don't feed it nor have I ever seen feeding tentacles on it. John has a video of it with the feeding tentacles out. It's starting to flow over the putty that I placed all around it, which is a good sign.

8. coral4me

coral4me Supporting Member

Here's what my Tangerine Dreams Chalice is currently looking like. I've had it in my dad's tank and it's still doing well.
    Screen Shot 2018-06-25 at 9.43.44 AM.png

9. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

Doing well still. Seems to be okay of a grower considering its size. I expect it to take off more once it hits a certain size. Almost exactly one month since the last picture taken.

In the meantime, it's starting to flow down the ramp in the front and almost touching the lower disk. Also, possibly the 5th eye coming in on the front right corner there. Hard to say if it's an actual developing eye or just a ridge.
    [​IMG]

coral4me likes this.
  10. Flagg37

Flagg37 Colorado member

It looks like another eye to me.