got ethical husbandry?

have anyone tride shpping with fedex or ups?

Hi guys, I been trying to figure out why is so expensive for me to she ship out corals with ups or fedex... how can those online store reefshop charge us 30-50bucks overnight when i get a quote at ups.com or fedex.com cost up too 70-120 dollars, Am I doing something wrong or do they have a special account? I usually use USPS, but a lot people ask me why not fedex.

Its their accounts. I ship from work and get a box for $40-$50 instead of $120. There is the new online company that is a RC sponsor, that will help get you a better rate, the send you an empty shipping box, heat pack, styrofoam and then, I think they create your shipping label for you (using their account) and so you get a reduced rate. Of course, for this service, they take a little off the top too.

Most def. account :) We get a great discount due to volume and pass it onto our customers.

Try the new online service http://www.shipyouraquatics.com/

there's a California/NV/AZ only, overnight shipping thing monoprice.com uses them I cant pull the name because the website is down for maint. but when it comes back up if you go into your shopping cart you'll see the overnight shipping option for 4.99

i think my best bet is with USPS, I never try over with there company before, but there regular priority service is excellent. I got a few rate on over night shipping and it's under 60 bucks, that's a pretty great price, right? Thank you for all you help guys.

I would not ship livestock via usps. IME they are very iffy. I would only use ups overnight or fedex priority overnight.

Ditto unless your talking algae or some FW stuff. Eh, zoa's would probably be OK.

You get what you pay for. There is a reason most online livestock dealers do not use USPS ;)

Yep, and if you pack properly you can bring costs down, properly healed corals don't need that much water, it's really the temps you are fighting. With a proper box/insulation you can get by with 3oz per coral.

Back