Kessil

hi everyone, new to BAR

macntosreefs

Supporting Member
hi guys, i wanna introduce myself. my name is clyde. i have spoken & interacted with a few local guys via fb groups: not bay area reefers, coral lovers group etc. we currently restarted a version 1 RSR 250 with some metric to standard piping. we started the hobby in 2016 & took a 3 year break, coming back in 2019. we’ve had a breeder 20 gal & a wb 20 cube as our last nano. i still feel somewhat new to the hobby. i’m still unfamiliar with many corals but can identify common species. don’t ask me about certain community named corals… i have no clue. lol. but what i do like in this hobby, is that it continues to challenge me in critical thinking, and challenge my pockets, lol. but i do like experiencing it; as my daughter has also taken interest in fish tanks with me.

i/we have an IG page where i post once in a while: @macntosreefs. and oh, i have a microtank for fun as well. i’m always thankful to the fellow reefers who have been kind, generous & helpful in the hobby. because i know, karma goes when you “pay it forward.” see ya around! maybe we’ll catch the january cfm. as our tanks are still almost bare. lol. and at the moment, it is overrun by diatoms, which i’m trying to control with reduced feedings, lower white lights & a gfo reactor

B9930266-FD08-4796-B801-785CBA41F7E7.jpeg
C084CF3E-4942-4302-8469-BA9756BBF720.jpeg

Hi Clyde, and welcome to BAR!

Looks like a nice setup. Everyone here is pretty generous, we can definitely help you fill in any parts of your tank that are still bare ;)
lol. i’m glad to hear that. i’m in search of easy ti care for corals. as i am trying to just rely on incremental/monthly water changes and small dosing for the easy sps like stylos, acros & montis. thank you

Back