High Tide Aquatics

I am here!....New member!.......RRRR-Roar of the crowd!

Tank & equipment specs:

* 155 gallon AGA Bowfront tank with standard stand.
* DIY canopy with mogal sockets, three 250 watt 20k bulds and two 96w actinics on digital timers, I have 2 3" fans on the side of canopy blowing in and a 4" fan inside the canopy blowing the air into a 5" tube through the wall and out the garage with another 4" fan on a timer pulling the air along.
* Three new Ice Cap electronic balasts.
* Deltec 1250 Turbo skimmer.
* Oceanic wet/dry converted into a sump.
* Tunze 7095 controller with three 6100 streams pumps.
* Aqua controller III.
* JBJ auto top off with 15 gallon fresh water holding tank (because I forgot how to spell Resivour). ;D
* Current Prime 1/3 hp. inline chiller plumbed out from the garage back into the house.
* Via aqua 300 watt titanium heater. (comes on maybe once a year...Hellooo). ;D
* Korallin 1502 denitrator with aqualifter pump.
* Korallin 1502 c Calcium Reactor with aqua lifter pump. Effluent is monitored by a Pinpoint ph monitor.
* CGFI Panel consisting of 50 outlets which I think that 40 are being used, 5 are switched for maint. and the top one is the sump light, this panel is hard wired to my subpanel with two 20 amp. CGFI breakers, the chiller has it's own 15 amp outlet in the garage.
* Cheapo Odyesea 36 watt UV sterilizer (actually works great!).
* Phosban 150 reactor.
* Carbon Reactor.
* 15 gallon Black plexi Fuge that I had Tap Plastics make, 18 watt Coralife light fixture.
* 7 stage RO/DI unit with two two TDS meters one inline and one handheld.

Inside Tank:

* 250+ Lbs. of Fiji Live Rock (not including the rock with mushrooms, ect.).
* 320 Lbs. of bagged Aragalive Live Sand.
* Fish: one ten year old Maroon gold bar (female) clown, and a mated male, powder blue tang, yellow tang, sail fin tang, 6 line wrasse, long nose hawk, female mandarin, pajama cardinal, fire fish, bar goby, Lg. Lawnmower blennie,I'm sure there's more that I'm forgetting. I have three clams one 3" teardrop Maxima, a 5" blue Crocea, and what started out last year this december as a 4" blue spot GIGAS is now a 9-10" monster.

Well that's my tank, any questions feel free to ask.

Oh yea I also have a R2K twin moonlight set up, a Milwaukee CO2 regulator on a 5 Lb. bottle, Milwaukee Refractometer, two plastic 60 gallon pickeling containers one R/O and one saltwater ready to be plumbed for an automated water change system. next on the list is a battery back-up with two marine batteries and a ups.

Here are some pictures of my car both in california and our home in North Carolina. Actually that first picture was in wilmington (the ship behind me is the USS north carolina, Duh). BTW I took second placs in that show.

So I decided to play hooky today (marine depot order came to my door), I mounted my phosban and new carbon reactor side by side in my reservoir tank here are the pics. I also painted the bottom and back side black.

So I found some more pictures of my set-up here day-are. One is of my Multi stage RO Unit, a shot of my 1/3 hp inline chiller out in the garage with the halide ballasts to help keep the house cool, a close up shot of my electrical panel, the multi fan ventilation system plumbed out into the garage for the same reason (notice the twist lock connectors for the lights to remove the canopy), and the last picture is of the exact Quick change water change system I'm in the process of building (this pic I found on RC) I already have these same containers. ;D

I put an ad on craigs list to sell my tank........just to see if a rich woman woman wanted to buy a gift to a man who has everything, I'm not going to sell it but if someone gave me a chunk of change I would do it. the only way I can get the wife to let me upgrade is if I were to start over, what do you think this tank would be worth?

Tank & Equipment specs:

* 155 gallon AGA Bowfront tank with standard Black stand.
* Bowfront Canopy with three doors, Metal Halide Lighting with mogal sockets, three 250 watt 20k bulbs and two 96w actinics on digital timers (all bulbs are two weeks old). Three (3) fans - two 3" on the outside and one(1) 4" inside pulling it through a duct system into the garage.
* Three new Ice Cap Electronic Ballasts with twist lock connectors in case you need to remove the canopy.
* Dual Rk2 LED moonlights on a digital timer.
* Deltec 1250 Turbo skimmer.
* Oceanic wet/dry converted into a sump with filter sock tray,(no bio balls).
* Tunze 7095 Wavemaker controller with LED moonlight/night mode, and three 6100 stream pumps with heavy duty magnets, this Controller can handle up to 8 pumps if you ever upgrade.
* Aqua Controller II Backlit with ORP, Temp, PH Probes, 3 X-10 Modules and a Dell Inspiron 4100 Laptop Computer with Interface cable and Aqua Notes Software.
* Mag drive 1800 Return Pump. (with back-up Mag 1800).
* CPR 1600 GPH overflow w/aqua lifter pump. (also back-up aqua lifter pump).
* Red Sea Adjustable Ozone Generator from 5 to 100 mg/hr w/air pump and air dryer.
* JBJ auto top off with pump and a 15 gallon fresh water Reservoir holding tank.
* UPS Battery Back-Up with two Marine Batteries (incase of a power outage).
* Current Prime 1/3 hp. Inline chiller with a mag drive feed pump and a single stage Ronco controller.(chiller has internal UV and heater ports).
* Ehiem LiquiDoser(to automaticly dose Magnesium).
* Via aqua 300 watt titanium heater.
* Korallin 1502 denitrator with aqualifter feed pump.
* Milwaukee CO2 reg. w/5 lb. bottle.
* Korallin 1502 - C Calcium Reactor with aqua lifter feed pump. Reactors effluent is monitored by a Pinpoint ph monitor.
* Pinpoint wireless Thermometer with three remote sensors, one to monitor fuge temp, one to monitor light canopy temp. and one in the mixing container for you to monitor when the salt water is ready to be used from inside the house.
* Titanium ground probe.
* CGFI Panel inside the tank stand consisting of 50 outlets which I think that 40 are being used, 5 are switched for maint.(return pump,skimmer and Tunze circ. pumps) and the top one is the sump light, this panel is hard wired to my sub panel right now with two 20 amp. CGFI breakers. (Will be removed).
* Odyesea 36 watt UV sterilizer with pump (New, actually works great!).
* Two little fishes Phosban 150 Phosban reactor with mini jet 404 pump.
* Two little fishes Phosban 150 with a 404 mini jet pump used as a Carbon Reactor.
* 15 gallon Black plexi Fuge (Black is to keep algae off sides) with return pump, 18 watt Coralife light fixture on a digital timer.
* 7 stage 120 gpd RO/DI unit with two TDS meters one Inline and one handheld (all filters are brand new)
* Two (2) 60 gallon containers with screw on lids for Automated Quick Change Water change system, Mag 12 mixing pump and Via Aqua 150 watt Titanium heater.
* Milwaukee Refractometer.

Inside Tank:

* 250+ Lbs. of Fiji Live Rock (Coraline Incrusted).
* 320 Lbs. of bagged Aragalive Live Sand (not from dry).
* Fish: one ten year old Maroon gold bar (female) clown (lays eggs every three weeks), and a mated male, powder blue tang, yellow tang, sail fin tang, 6 line wrasse, long nose hawk, female mandarin, fire fish, bar goby, Lg. Lawnmower blennie,I'm sure there's more that I'm forgetting. I have three clams one 3" teardrop Maxima, a 5" blue Crocea, and what started out last year this december as a 4" blue spot GIGAS is now a 9-10" monster.
* Corals: Two many to name (all LPS/Softy's).

Back