Our mission

icecap ballast.

I have a 660. I wired the lights, fitted the bulbs. and turned it on. It was working. I let it sit on for around 3 hours? Then when I turned it off (unplugged) and turned it back on it never came back. This has happened before.. After a long period the ballast works.. then when its turned off and on it stops. Anyone help ? a ballast problem ? ugh...

If you turn off and turn on right away, it won't work. Most ballast won't work. Wait for 15-20 minutes then turn it back on.

Sigh i just rewired all the lights to a 3 lamp setup instead of 4... and they work. on and off.. no problems. But when I wired it for 4, the same problem happened.. I even tried the other light... and it works no problems in 3 bulbs.. but when I go back to four. >< it wont work.

tried them in 3, and it worked. Then when I wired them to 4 they would flash on and off.. Tried all sorts of configurations to check the caps on the end (differnt bulbs and caps) same thing..when I wired them back to 3 they come on everytime.. ><

Sounds like continuity issue.

Wiring and/or bulb not making proper contact. If you go the IceCap website there is a wiring scheme page. IceCap will often refer you to that page.

Back