Reef nutrition

ID Help: Snail or other?

Hi there... need some ID help. I have these things crawling around my tank that look like baby snails (they look like snails from the bottom, but no real shell). They range from 1/8 inch to 1 inch long.

Are these just from snails reproducing in my tank or should I be worried? Thanks as always!

Here are some pictures (a little fuzzy)

unk1.jpg

unk2.jpg

[quote author=Raddogz link=topic=1783.msg16725#msg16725 date=1172889802]
Stomatella - very good snails - don't kill them.

Those are desirable snails to have in the tank
[/quote]

Aaaarrrrgghhhhhh - Nooooooooo! DAMN It! I must've killed 4 - 6 of them a month ago. I though they were the bad kinds. >:(

Woohoo

[/quote]

Yeah! Since I only have one fish in the tank, I think a lot of these have survived. They're all over.

[quote author=Skorpinok link=topic=1783.msg16728#msg16728 date=1172891111]

[/quote]

Aaaarrrrgghhhhhh - Nooooooooo! DAMN It! I must've killed 4 - 6 of them a month ago. I though they were the bad kinds. >:(
[/quote]

LOL!!!

I think I killed one too before realizing they were good. Alvin - fwiw - you are not the first one to tell me that you killed a whole bunch thinking they were bad! ;D

I've got a six line wrasse I picked up a week back from Steve's store that's in the requisite quarantine. When he's ready to come out, is he going to start munching down on the little guys? I was reading that they eat small snails... not that there's anything I can do about it anyways :)

Back