got ethical husbandry?

IM 15g - discontinued

fishy408

Supporting Member
With the lack of time and a recent tank crash, my 425xl was decommissioned. Most of my corals died during the crash while I was away, but there were a few that survived. For the survivors, this is a new journey in their new box (Innovative Marine 15g).

Mission: Aiming to make this tank as simple as possible :cool: .

Cycling Observations:
  • Using the rocks, branches, bio media from the old tank the new IM 15 measured 0 ammonia/nitrite after one week of testing.
  • The rocks, branches, bio media also carried over Phosphates but not Nitrates. Previous tank Phosphates were 2, Nitrates 20+.
Current Measurements:
  • Salinity 1.025 - Alkalinity 8.3 - Calcium 420 - Magnesium 1290 - Nitrate 5 - Phosphate .7
Maintenance
  • Bi Monthly 4 gallon water change.
Current Livestock
  • Fish: 2x Black Snowflake Clownfish
  • Coral: 2x unnamed Blasto, 1x torch, some zoa (forgot the names).
Equipment:
  • IM 15g
  • AI Lights Changed to XR 15.
  • 9w UV sterilizer
  • Auto Aqua ATO
  • Trigger 10g reservoir
  • Apex controller
  • MP 10

D26E22DA-6EE2-4B73-9B75-B121F3882B84.jpeg
9B589637-A7CB-403D-8C9E-BD253BE23BDC.jpeg

Last edited:
MP 10 loud noise issue. I remember when I put the MP10 into storage I watched a video on how to take it apart and give it a good clean. It was perfectly quiet before storage. After taking it out several months later, the sound was horrible. See video below.

After doing some research on MP10 loud noise, I realized maybe it was user error. When I cleaned the MP10 before storage, I cleaned what I thought was algae/dirt but was actually some kind of lubricant that got dirty. I purchased a lubricant called Molykote and greased the MP10. The MP10 is now quieter than it has ever been. See video below.

After hearing the initial helicopter sounds from the MP10, I thought it was a goner but luckily this fixed it.

Last edited:
MP 10 loud noise issue. I remember when I put the MP10 into storage I watched a video on how to take it apart and give it a good clean. It was perfectly quiet before storage. After taking it out several months later, the sound was horrible. See video below.

After doing some research on MP10 loud noise, I realized maybe it was user error. When I cleaned the MP10 before storage, I cleaned what I thought was algae/dirt but was actually some kind of lubricant that got dirty. I purchased a lubricant called Molykote and greased the MP10. The MP10 is now quieter than it has ever been. See video below.

After hearing the initial helicopter sounds from the MP10, I thought it was a goner.
Very interesting. I hadn't seen that before. I replaced bearings once, but not this.

What did you lubricate?

Uhhhh…that procedure is annoyingly long. isn’t that is why there’s fancy software? Why do I have to do that manually? Silly rabbits……..
I mean otherwise how would they make so much money on these parts? But seriously mine was awful and even overheated until I had it go through this procedure.

Back