Kessil

IM Nuvo Fusion AIO 10g (Clarkii Pair)

Lullaby

Supporting Member
I'm still not sure how I'm going to format these journals, but time will tell.

This tank was gifted to me by a friend who I got into both fresh and saltwater - with her increasing and shifting life responsibilities, she believed that I would be able to take care of her babies.

Tank is an Innovative Marine Nuvo Fusion AIO 10g, AI Prime 16HD with gooseneck mount, Magtool Nano AIO Skimmer, Finnex 50W heater w/controller, Hygger Mini DC wavemaker, SmartATO Lite with a 5 gallon RODI jug for a reservoir, stock media basket (will upgrade to inTank media basket), upgraded return pump that I have not checked out yet.

The tank contains a Clarkii Clownfish pair (She and He, though Her real name is actually Clark), a Goby and Pistol Shrimp pair, a Skunk Cleaner Shrimp, a handful of snails, somewhere around 10 Acid Rain BTAs (the tank started with one, and it decided one wasn't enough, soon one became three and three became ten), a Kryptonite Candy Cane, some random Zoas. The Clarkii pair seems to have taken an affinity to the Zoas and the Candy Cane for some reason, and they both completely ignore their Anemones... Such is life, I suppose.

She is about 4 and He is about 2. She has not been nice to any male prior to Him, and I believe She rejected (see: killed) about 5 males before him.
The Goby and Shrimp are a good pair, and I see them about every other day. I'm hoping to see them both more often, but I worry sometimes even though I know they're okay.

I'm planning on moving the Clarkii pair over to my 34g Red Sea Max 130D. I'm expecting to have time over Memorial weekend to make this happen and if it does, I'll try to get some photos. I'll drop in some photos soon.

Last edited:
IMG_2266.jpeg
IMG_2275.jpeg
IMG_2278.jpeg
IMG_2272.jpeg
IMG_2271.jpeg
IMG_2258.jpeg
IMG_2265.jpeg
IMG_2261.jpeg
IMG_2244.jpeg
IMG_2241.jpeg

Look who came out to say hi this morning for the AYCE buffet of Mysis and Spirulina! I hear his pistol crackin’ buddy a few times a day, which I’m grateful for. It lets me know they’re still around and kicking if the Goby takes a vacation :)

IMG_2304.jpeg
IMG_2314.jpeg
IMG_2316.jpeg

The stand I use for the two 10g AIOs and their respective 5g ATO reservoirs can be found at PetSmart here for about 300 dollars. I was able to fit it in my Elantra and bring it home same day, so I’d wager most cars can handle it. Otherwise, I know they ship, too.
I honestly feel it’s sturdy enough for everything I’m putting on top of it. I want to add a 15g in the middle of the two but then I feel I’d really be pushing it.

Attachments

• IMG_2322.jpeg
    IMG_2322.jpeg
    113.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2295.jpeg
    IMG_2295.jpeg
    54.5 KB · Views: 11
Back