Kessil

Inverter generator and surge protector

newfly

Supporting Member
This may sound silly but do i need a surge protector for a portable inverter generator? With the storms rolling at full speed, I lost power . I have a backup battery to keep the water flow going ( will be good for 48hrs +) but no heat.

planning to get a generator for the next storm.

This may sound silly but do i need a surge protector for a portable inverter generator? With the storms rolling at full speed, I lost power suika game. I have a backup battery to keep the water flow going ( will be good for 48hrs +) but no heat.

planning to get a generator for the next storm.

Suggest that using a surge protector with a generator is still a good idea, because there is always a chance that the generator or the inverter could malfunction and produce too much voltage. This could damage your devices or even cause a fire. A surge protector can act as an extra layer of protection, by blocking or diverting the excess voltage to a ground wire.

Last edited:
Suggest that using a surge protector with a generator is still a good idea, because there is always a chance that the generator or the inverter could malfunction and produce too much voltage. This could damage your devices or even cause a fire. A surge protector can act as an extra layer of protection, by blocking or diverting the excess voltage to a ground wire.
Welcome to the forum @MurlReynolds ! Feel free to introduce yourself in the Welcome forum so we can get to know you and your tanks. https://www.bareefers.org/forum/forums/welcome/

Back