Jestersix

June Meeting - Cephalopods In Home Aquaria

[quote author=Elite link=topic=3705.msg45541#msg45541 date=1213387601]
[quote author=Lyn link=topic=3705.msg45538#msg45538 date=1213387321]
Hello,

I am new. Do i need to sign up for the Ceph. meeting and how do I do this?
[/quote]

Just bring a frag for everyone who goes to the meeting ;D
** j/k

Welcome to BAR!! You will love it here.
[/quote]

Thanks for the welcome :). I have another question... How long do the meetings typically last? I am also new to the Bay area. Should I allow for traffic time when traveling to the meetings from the East Bay?

we have people scattered all over. If you give a city, I'm sure someone can chime in on how long it takes them to get to the meeting on a typical day.

Meetings last 2hrs for the meat of it. ..I think that sounds about right.

There can be some traffic if your coming from the South Bay. Leaving and returning to the East Bay after words there is usually some traffic, but going it's not bad IME.

I come from San Francisco via the San Mateo bridge, and there's usually a very small amount of traffic between there and ASAP. After the meetings, around 4pm or so though there's quite a bit a traffic traveling north getting back to the San Mateo bridge, not rush hour levels of traffic but still traffic. Not really a big deal unless you absolutely have to be somewhere.

For me coming from the South Bay the traffic can be just like rush hour sometimes @ the 101/880 to the 92 area :(

Thanks for your replys. It took about 35-40 minutes from San Ramon. Some areas are slow (junction to 880), but even though I was late, I still made it on time. I guess BAR meetings start on "Hawaiian" time, which I am used to and can appreciate fully ;). It was a good meeting (I even got a zooanthus! I rarely win anything, so I feel like it's my birthday!) and reminded me of the 2 summers I volunteered at the Waikiki Aquarium. One of my duties was to feed the animals, including cuttlefish (really fun) and nautilus (I like nautilus because I got to do the feedings, so they were always excited to see me). They really were my favorites to feed, along with the eels. I hated feeding the salt water crocodile though.

I look forward to the upcoming meetings. I had a great experience at my first one. This is a terrific organization and I thank Jim Adelberg for recruiting me in the pet shop a couple months back :).

Lyn, I come from a similar area just down the 580 in livermore. Rather then deal with the craptatstic 580 to 880 crossover, I just took the 84 on over to mission blvd. faster and more pleasant to drive. For you, it would be the 680 to 84 at sunol. Just an option in the future.

Thanks for the great talk at the meeting Richard! Very imformative and interesting! I didn't know anything about these animals except whatever pictures I had seen of your system here on the forum. Now I can say that I know more about them and how cool they are! Good luck with the breading!

[quote author=alve link=topic=3705.msg45802#msg45802 date=1213574421]Good luck with the breading!
[/quote]

Must... resist... calamari jokes :D

Thanks on the cool presentation, Rich.

Ceph pr0n rules :D

I wish that I could have made it. Sounds like it was a good time and a good presentation. My dogs decided that they wanted to make friends with a skunk the night before, so that gave plenty of cleaning to do that day.

[quote author=Mr. Ugly link=topic=3705.msg45841#msg45841 date=1213593513]
Yikes!
[/quote]
You can say that again. But I think my big dog played a little too hard. I found the skunk under a tree in my backyard.

I just wanted to thank Rich again for giving a great (seemed like 4 hours) of his time on the life and times of Cephalopods I learned alot (I'm sure I'll forget) and had a great time too.

[quote author=corals b 4 bills link=topic=3705.msg47277#msg47277 date=1214443245]
I just wanted to thank Rich again for giving a great (seemed like 4 hours) of his time on the life and times of Cephalopods I learned alot (I'm sure I'll forget) and had a great time too.
[/quote]

Thank you so much! It is so nice to get feed back like that.
:D

Back