got ethical husbandry?

Kasa Wifi Smart power strip as alternative to DJ power strips

Nope! That’s the best part of HA. It combines almost all the hubs on the market including zwave and philips Hue!
I'm going to have to check out HA. My next few items to purchase is the inkbird thermometer/chiller controller for added safety and an ATO system. Getting a 5 gal ATO res tomorrow and am going to give the Fzone ATO system a try before splurging for the tunze ATO system. Everything so far has been purchased used/budget minded without sacrificing quality too much so I'm going to keep riding that trend.

I'm going to have to check out HA. My next few items to purchase is the inkbird thermometer/chiller controller for added safety and an ATO system. Getting a 5 gal ATO res tomorrow and am going to give the Fzone ATO system a try before splurging for the tunze ATO system. Everything so far has been purchased used/budget minded without sacrificing quality too much so I'm going to keep riding that trend.
Yep! Same here man! That’s what I’ve been doing.

The only “top of the line” item I bought was a sicce return pump. Other than a hand-me-down repaired Hydra 26.

I’m still using a cheap Jebao wavemaker. I take it out and clean it once every 3 weeks with a brush and it’s still going strong. (Then again, I’ve only been in the hobby for a little over a year)

Yep! Same here man! That’s what I’ve been doing.

The only “top of the line” item I bought was a sicce return pump. Other than a hand-me-down repaired Hydra 26.

I’m still using a cheap Jebao wavemaker. I take it out and clean it once every 3 weeks with a brush and it’s still going strong. (Then again, I’ve only been in the hobby for a little over a year)
My wavemaker is the only thing I bought at retail price. I got a Nero 5 at the suggestion of a good friend and like the low profile form factor. I will supplement with 1 or 2 Nero 3s in the future.

(Then again, I’ve only been in the hobby for a little over a year)
So...what's your next tank going to be? I started with the same 13.5 you have for a year, and that's a great time to think about upgrading as you've just learned most of the basics after a year. That being said, I have been trying to convince my mom to get a larger tank than the 13.5 and she hasn't budged. Didn't even want an ATO, but too bad, she's getting one for her bday this year.

Let me know if you need any help setting up/configuring HA.

I still use these and like them. One small warning, from what I was reading online recently the kasa brand is discontinued and is being rebranded back to TP-Link. I have absolutely no idea that ramifications of that, or if it's specific to the UK, but just calling it out.

Also, with Matter & Thread standards just having been ratified / released in the past couple days, I imagine there's going to be a ton of new versions coming out by numerous providers. Matter being an open standard for home automation, sponsored by Google and Apple and Amazon and and and. Thread being the wireless protocol which is basically a ZigBee & wifi hybrid, with all the devices forming a p2p mesh for better coverage.

If you're looking for a deal, there'll probably be lots of them soon. If you're looking for a future compatible device set, it might be worth waiting a month or two.

Edit: more info https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/202...-home-compatibility-but-dont-get-excited-yet/

Last edited:
Back