Cali Kid Corals

Leemar Starphire 290

You guys are crackin me up. :D

So now it's gonna be.........Hurry up and WAIT! Will be taking care of some details and making decisions on pumps, sumps, skimmers, etc. However prolly no more action for about a month. I'll update when decisions start happenin.

Robert says the tank will be ready about 2 weeks after the order is placed. However I asked him to hold it a bit so I have some time to recover from surg. I don't think it will take too long.......just a rotator cuff. We'll see. However moving a monster like this will prolly not be a good idea too soon after. LOL!

Luckily I have access right off the garage. I will have the tank placed on dollies and build a ramp to make it over the 6" step into the tank room. So should only have to lift it once......from the dollies to the stand. Robert was going to try to get me some of the huge suction cup handles to make it easier.

So my bad luck continues...............

Got a call from Robert at Neptune. Seems Leemar had NOT looked at the height of the tank when they gave the quote. AGE raised my quote by $2000.....I suppose I should be happy that Leemar has only raised it $1700! WTF?? Also raised the crating charge another 150 bucks to 400 dollars. So in reality they raised my quote $1850 dollars. I already paid my 50% down on the original quote, so I grumbled a bit and got it down 400 dollars. So now I am looking at adding 1450 bucks.

Not sure why this is happening to me, but I wish it would stop.

So my options are to shorten the tank from 28" to 25"..............or to make the width 25" instead of 31"? I know this is a tall tank, however I have a 29 tall now and LOVE it. Gives so much more viewing area and adds a LOT to the overall look of the tank IMO. At the moment I am thinking I will drop the height of the tank which makes it approx 288 gallons instead of 315. I'm getting pissed to be honest. My original quote was for a 350 gallon at 84 x 32 x 30 tall. Not sure how they could have missed that???

So do I drop the height? Shorten the width? Or pay the extra cash for the tank I was all excited for???

Kmooresf said:
You guys are crackin me up. :D

So now it's gonna be.........Hurry up and WAIT! Will be taking care of some details and making decisions on pumps, sumps, skimmers, etc. However prolly no more action for about a month. I'll update when decisions start happenin.

Robert says the tank will be ready about 2 weeks after the order is placed. However I asked him to hold it a bit so I have some time to recover from surg. I don't think it will take too long.......just a rotator cuff. We'll see. However moving a monster like this will prolly not be a good idea too soon after. LOL!

Luckily I have access right off the garage. I will have the tank placed on dollies and build a ramp to make it over the 6" step into the tank room. So should only have to lift it once......from the dollies to the stand. Robert was going to try to get me some of the huge suction cup handles to make it easier.
Good luck on the surgery. Don't be too optomistic though, I know that rotator cuff surgeries are not easy to recover from.

Kmooresf said:

Got a call from Robert at Neptune. Seems Leemar had NOT looked at the height of the tank when they gave the quote. AGE raised my quote by $2000.....I suppose I should be happy that Leemar has only raised it $1700! WTF?? Also raised the crating charge another 150 bucks to 400 dollars. So in reality they raised my quote $1850 dollars. I already paid my 50% down on the original quote, so I grumbled a bit and got it down 400 dollars. So now I am looking at adding 1450 bucks.

So my options are to shorten the tank from 28" to 25"..............or to make the width 25" instead of 31"? I know this is a tall tank, however I have a 29 tall now and LOVE it. Gives so much more viewing area and adds a LOT to the overall look of the tank IMO. At the moment I am thinking I will drop the height of the tank which makes it approx 288 gallons instead of 315. I'm getting pissed to be honest. My original quote was for a 350 gallon at 84 x 32 x 30 tall. Not sure how they could have missed that???

So do I drop the height? Shorten the width? Or pay the extra cash for the tank I was all excited for???

Going down in height means they can use 1/2" glass vs 3/4"? What is the total cost of the tank? My decision would be made based on what the total cost was on the tank. If @ 31" it was going to cost double than @ 25" I would obviously go with the 25" tank. If it was 1/3 or 1/4 of the cost it might be a harder decision.

Kmooresf said:

Did they produce an official quote that stated the dims you wanted and the first price? If so they are obligated, even if they made an error, to give you that price.

I have NEVER had a quote come back only to get raised since they looked at it wrong (their fault) when having tanks made. But, I always demand the quote in writing.

BTW I'd be LIVID if they did that to me... sorry this is all happening at once to you :(

Thanks Iani,

The price jump is more than a third, but less than double. I have seen some beautiful tanks at 25." I know this in my head, but the point was to build my "dream tank." ALL or NOTHING kind of thing. Now I'm compromising and while that is part of the process, I wouldn't be if I could just get a FRIGGIN ACCURATE QUOTE!!!!! I only started the process because it was doable on my budget. Now I'm all excited to get going and yet again dealing with THEIR oversight.

Ok.......Deep breath.......................... It's only 3." It's NOT what I wanted, but it's only 3." I'm also struggling a bit with the tank being less than 300 gallons. I know that is a dumb thing to think about, but was set on a 300+ tank. Silly.......I know. I wouldn't be in this hobby if I didn't have an obssessive personality. LOL!

I hope I'm not comming off like a jerk. The folks I have dealt with have been fantastic. Robert and Neptune is awesome..........I am not upset with him at all. Just frustrated on my end. I have already moved my tank room around...........planned this tank for months and months. So I am probably just going to go with a shorter tank. I just have to convince myself it's still gonna be amazing.

Thanks Gresham,

I appreciate that it's not JUST ME! LOL!

I do have a reciept with the dimensions, however I would only be hurting Robert at Neptune. If I thought the hit would go to the company that made the mistake I might be a bit more stubborn, but I think Robert would take the hit. He feels bad, and I am not interested in making him pay the extra.

The price is the price..........I just need to realize it apparently isn't in my budget.

Gonna take a day or two to decide to go for it, or just wait till after Surg and start all over. Decisions..........

Yeah I wouldn't want Robert or any agent to take the hit. It was Leemar who messed up, not Robert,

That bites Kris...I hope things work out for you. 25" high ain't too bad when you think about it by the way (make a taller stand). I wouldn't sacrifice the depth...just my 2 cents.

Thanks Levi and Jim.

Jim, do you mean 25" height isn't too bad? Or 25" wide? I think of depth being either ........ how deep it is.....meaning tall. Or how wide it is from front to back.

Thanks Iani, That is how I am leaning too. I can always make the stand taller to give the impression of height, and keep it more at eye level. A wider tank is just way more fun to aquascape. You don't just have to go up! ;)

I like more front to back over taller myself... like you, I appreciate the extra foot print.

GreshamH said:
I like more front to back over taller myself... like you, I appreciate the extra foot print.
+1

As far as front to back goes....... anything over 18" on a larger tank would be a bonus :)

gimmito said:
You can never have too much back. :)

Fixed, and approved!

mix.jpg

Back