Cali Kid Corals

Link's Nanocube-12g, with moding.

-CookieJ,
I feed my tank daily now since I have the Nas. Snails, but the Cerith love climbing on the windows.
-Icon,
For sure, water changes and Pruning!!!

The other week, not last, I went to a fish shop in sunset and saw a few Sun Coral loosing tissues. I felt very bad about the sun corals that day and in my head I wanted to buy them and restore them. I kept thinking how the shop neglected such a set of wonderful corals, and it's very upsetting to see.

Yikes if you are having algae problems a sun coral revival project may not be the best idea...

Depending on which type of hair algae you have, you might want to purchase or "rent" some of the large mexican turbo snails. In a small tank they wouldn't be a good long term choice, but their appetite is voracious enough I've seen them mow down stands of the finer hair algae. They won't do anything for mature bryopsis, but they will munch on just about anything else, including immature new bryopsis shoots. It especially helps if you pick them up occasionally and place them in the middle of a stand of algae. They may not like it as their first choice, but usually when surrounded by green fuzz they will at least munch their way out leaving a trail of clean rock. When you feel your tank is too clean for the snails to get a decent meal the store will take them back, though usually not for credit. Consider it a rental fee for not having to scrub your rocks.

FWIW, I try to have one or two of just about every type of herbivorous snail I can find. They all seem to have slightly different preferences and abilities as far as reaching in nooks and crannies. With that said there are definitely some to stay away from, so read a good snail guide and learn to spot the types. :)

hahahaha no... I'm not going to get the sun coral... not now... maybe.... when i solve the algae problem first.
I heard Mexican snails are great for algae eating machine... i wonder if Steve have some at Lucky ocean... I wouldn't mind pick up another 2-4 cerith snail and see if he have some mex snails.

Update, I look into my tank and I couldn't find one of two Cerith Snail. In my head I'm thinking oh S... where the heck it went. Well, I don't see any shell outside the tank yet, or haven't find one so that's a great sign. The Nas. Snail really working hard, but I feel like I want to get another four more, which mean it will going to be eight. What do you guys think? My bday is coming up and I'm going on a shopping spree for myself. I'm going to order a new set of Carbon four sedium for my Typhoon III. I will go to steve shop(Lucky Ocean, my favorite place) and buy some Nas. Snail, One Emerald, and hermit crabs. Which kind I should get, which doesn't harass the snails?

During the winter, my health gotten worst and my tank been put aside. Now, in my tank is nothing left but an dessert. It's completely empty, just live rock and salt water. I hate to say, but yes, I had failed. Failed badly to a point where over five years hard work, time, money, it's all gone. I'm so mad, frustrated, and confuse. Now, I must decide whether I should continue this hobby and restart all over or place to quit. I don't know what to do... I really like this hobby, it keeps me moving, but at the same time, if I'm sick, I don't have a tank sitter.

man why didnt your reach out, i am always down to help out...

either way you decide to go, make sure you get better... sorry to hear about the tank, but i hope your health is getting better....

Back